$25/hr tutoring for biology/chemistry/2u maths in the Inner West (1 Viewer)

Pyrobooby

HSC
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read this advert.

My name is John, I am currently a 3rd year Science/Law student at UNSW. I graduated from Kingsgrove North High School in 2011 with an ATAR of 96.7.

My marks were as follows:
Biology - 93 (Communication)
Chemistry - 90 (Shipwrecks, Corrossion & Conservation)
Standard English - 80
3U Maths - 94
4U Maths - 91

Now, I know what you must be thinking. These marks are terrible compared to the other adverts on this page! How can this guy seriously expect to compete?

My high school never excelled academically. In the 6 years I spent there, a fraction of the cohort actually went to university, and an even smaller pinch of those went to the 'better' universities.

I also struggled during the earlier years of high school. Being in an environment where school work never mattered, I sat near the bottom of the cohort and had no motivation to do any better.

From this, I managed to graduate from my high school ranking 1st in all my subjects and managing to secure a position in one of the most competitive programs in UNSW. Furthermore, other than some slight support for mechanics in 4U, I achieved all my marks without the help of a tutor. I also led many study sessions with my cohorts after school, which many found helpful and contributed substantially to their examination marks.

This journey is what I can offer to potential students. I know what it's like to feel like your teachers cannot help you and you are going at the HSC alone. I had to clean my plate and start fresh and work my way to the top alone. I can provide you with all the help you need to pull your pants up and go from the bottom to the top. I can provide you with all my tips and tricks that I acquired during the process of studying for the HSC, going from being at the bottom of the cohort to the top.

I always viewed each subject in HSC like a pyramid; you need proper foundations to build upon or else the entire structure comes falling straight down due to the cracks in the foundation. From first hand experience, having to build my foundations alone, I am able to spot the cracks in your studies and advise you on the proper course to fix them.

I am also a firm believer in adult-to-adult learning, rather than teacher-to-student learning. I believe dialogues are more informative rather than a monologue. As a result, my teaching style will be engaging and force you to think, rather than me talking at you and you nodding your head. Furthermore, my lessons will be focussed on your needs, then your wants. Once your needs are taken care of, you have preference as to what kind of material you feel like learning.

Our first meeting will be free - an hour of discussion as to what kind of tutoring you are looking for. Our second meeting will also be free - it will be a demonstration of my tutoring abilities. Only after then will I be seeking payment. These first two meetings will be very open and friendly - if you do not like me or my teaching style, there is no obligation on you to continue to be taught by me.

Admittedly, it has been a while since I have tutored students. But I assure you that the skills I have learnt have stayed with me and I am confident in my abilities to cater to your needs.

Locations for study would need to be any library, preferably in the Inner West. I am able to travel, but up to a certain extent.

As the title says, after the 2 free meetings, my price is a reasonable $25 p/hour. Discounts for group study can be discussed.

Please PM me or email me at john.park1994@hotmail.com. My phone number can be provided upon request.

Thank you for reading and I wish you all a fruitful and studious year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)