27 Wtf (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
independantz said:
Wtf? I never saw this Q.

I KNOW!!!

Let's complain to the BOS :p. (or not)

But seriously. I almost think I'm crazy because I did *not* see it.

culic

HSC
LOL my physical resistance was poor observational skills. LOl.

independantz

HSC
dolbinau said:
I KNOW!!!

Let's complain to the BOS :p. (or not)

But seriously. I almost think I'm crazy because I did *not* see it.
has anyone other then the one guy above confirmed that this q was there? Don't get how i could miss it >.> easiest 2 marks in the paper aswell just pltting a graph lol...

dolbinau

HSC
Yes, basically everyone I can assure you. Unless our papers had errors *hope for errors* but it was needed for later parts. (not *needed* but helpful, which is why I lost 4/6 marks *shoots self*)

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Trust me, you defiantly got 2 marks for graphing the second set of points they gave you and drawing a line of best fit.

I'm not trolling.

C

Chrisssss

independantz said:
has anyone other then the one guy above confirmed that this q was there? Don't get how i could miss it >.> easiest 2 marks in the paper aswell just pltting a graph lol...
LOL I saw the graph and immediately just drew the line for Y, then I looked around and couldn't see a Q asking for it and started thinking that I just wasted about 5 minutes drawing an uneccessary graph, then I noticed the Q at the very top. It did ask for you to plot Y- 2 marks.

I didn't even go to sleep right now so I didn't really know what the hell I was doing, I panicked at the end thinking there was a Q on thermionic valves and thought I missed a page.

Kearnzo

HSC
Yeh two marks for plotting the points and drawing the line.

How else would you calculate the resistance properly?

adnan91

HSC
If i remember correctly the voltmeter was placed in parrellel with the wire and did not include the resistor so i dont think we needed to subtract 2 from our answer. Would be fine if u just wrote V=IR then subed in values from the graph as in not points from the given. I got r = 7.8ohms

Kearnzo

HSC
dolbinau said:
Kearnzo V=IR.
Yeh, i used that. But using the values off a line of best fit is more accurate than simply using one of the values from the table. Which is the point of lines of best fit.

timmiitippii

HSC
About the minusing 2 ohm resistor thingy...
They gave us the current and voltage already so im assuming its the overall current which already included the resistance due to the 2 ohm resistor...

uhh dw i lost my train of thought.
Does that mean we lose marks twice for calculating wrong resistance of both X and Y...?
ARgh should of known the last question they were gonna chuck in bullshit like a random resistor that ppl would ignore = =

Aaron.Judd

HSC
adnan91 said:
If i remember correctly the voltmeter was placed in parrellel with the wire and did not include the resistor so i dont think we needed to subtract 2 from our answer. Would be fine if u just wrote V=IR then subed in values from the graph as in not points from the given. I got r = 7.8ohms
Hopefully yay.

dolbinau

HSC
independantz said:
Tritto. (is that a word?) but since I missed the graph it didn't occur to me this value could have been an outlier (considering people who used the graph are getting different results).

independantz

HSC
dolbinau said:
Tritto. (is that a word?) but since I missed the graph it didn't occur to me this value could have been an outlier (considering people who used the graph are getting different results).
I checked a majority of them and the values all ranged so i jsut left it at that. they ranged from 7.5.-7.8 none of them were the same .

Tha Wishkah

HSC
I was unsure and decided that the 2 ohms was a tarp.

i also said the wire was incapable of transmitting a higher voltage due to it being too thin/damaged.

lawl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)