2711 or 2011? (1 Viewer)

grimreaper

HSC
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew the major differences between data org and higher data org? Does 2711 have harder assignments, different exam(s), etc? Any recommendations? I did do higher 1a and higher 1b and did fairly well in them so difficulty might not be a problem. Thanks a lot.

sunny

meh.
HSC
2711 goes through material much quicker and at a less structured pace. 2711 probably changes everytime because the lecturer that does/did it didn't actually organise the course as such and just did things along the track. If you're competent and don't mind a bit of work from your side, 2711 shouldn't be a problem. When I did it there was a small assignment each week. Exams are different for 2011/2711.

grimreaper

HSC
sunny said:
2711 goes through material much quicker and at a less structured pace. 2711 probably changes everytime because the lecturer that does/did it didn't actually organise the course as such and just did things along the track. If you're competent and don't mind a bit of work from your side, 2711 shouldn't be a problem. When I did it there was a small assignment each week. Exams are different for 2011/2711.
yeah actually i would have chosen higher without thinking about it, but i remember hearing ages ago that the lecturer that does it really sucks

f3aCyclone

HSC
grimreaper said:
yeah actually i would have chosen higher without thinking about it, but i remember hearing ages ago that the lecturer that does it really sucks
Yep, check up on the lecturer. If it's the same guy as last year, the don't... I had him for algos last year and it was hopeless.

grimreaper

HSC
f3aCyclone said:
Yep, check up on the lecturer. If it's the same guy as last year, the don't... I had him for algos last year and it was hopeless.
Is there anywhere i can find out for sure who is taking a course next year? And what is the crappy guys name for future reference

gman03

HSC
wtf? Richard taking Computing 1? MAN why didn't I start my degree 2 years later..... god dammit *anger* *anger* *anger*... wow richard taking three courses at one time.... sheehz

between data orgs, i recommend 2091 :D

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
f3aCyclone said:
From what I was told, the lecturer that you had is BANNED from taking any second year courses because of the number of complaints from students.

ace

is retired
HSC
redslert said:
From what I was told, the lecturer that you had is BANNED from taking any second year courses because of the number of complaints from students.
Just to clarify, the crap lecturer was Hossam.
(Andrew T. is a cool lecturer, if hes teaching it, you might as well do it)

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
Yay for AndrewT in 2711. I think that would be the deal breaker for me.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
chris_c28 said:
Yay for AndrewT in 2711. I think that would be the deal breaker for me.
I didn't like andrew when I had him for Java in 2011. He wasn't that great of a teacher, but maybe it was just a crap course overall, and he sets really hard exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)