HSC
N/A
Have been proven wrong

*delete thread

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Re: Last 2 semesters of uni doesnt matter if you get shit marks. HERES WHY? ??

that's assuming you were guaranteed a job straight after uni.

enoilgam

HSC

Can anyone who actually finished university and got grad jobs tel me if this is true or not?
Well, a lot of people dont make it into grad programs in their penultimate year and they have to apply post-graduation. Alternatively, you might not get into a grad program at all and you might need to go for entry level positions. In those cases, shit marks wont look good (even worse, employers dont want some who lets their marks slide in the last year because they think they wont count).

sghguos

HSC
N/A

that's assuming you were guaranteed a job straight after uni.
mate, thats what a grad job is. You are guaranteed a job at the end of the year.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Well, a lot of people dont make it into grad programs in their penultimate year and they have to apply post-graduation. Alternatively, you might not get into a grad program at all and you might need to go for entry level positions. In those cases, shit marks wont look good (even worse, employers dont want some who lets their marks slide in the last year because they think they wont count).
How would employers know my marks have slided LOL its not like they will be like "oh hey bob you got the job offer but were just going to check you academic transcript one more time to check if you have maintained that HD average mate, hand it over now thx" lolol

enoilgam

HSC

How would employers know my marks have slided LOL its not like they will be like "oh hey bob you got the job offer but were just going to check you academic transcript one more time to check if you have maintained that HD average mate, hand it over now thx" lolol
Read what I just wrote. You can still apply to grad programs after you have graduated - which is often the case for many people. Recruiters ask for your most recent transcript.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Read what I just wrote. You can still apply to grad programs after you have graduated - which is often the case for many people. Recruiters ask for your most recent transcript.
Sir.. You do realise grad programs only happen once every year. If you miss out on the grad job at 2015 for example you gotta wait a whole year mate to apply for the next round grad program. You do not understand, grad jobs arent offered every month or something. So your telling me alot of people fail to get grad jobs and just sit around legit for 1 year to wait for the next grad openings?

rope

HSC
N/A

Still important for postgrad entrance if you end up going that route.

enoilgam

HSC

You do not understand, grad jobs arent offered every month or something. So your telling me alot of people fail to get grad jobs and just sit around legit for 1 year to wait for the next grad openings?
Yes - there are a limited number of graduate program positions and a high amount of graduates. A lot of people dont make it when they apply in their penultimate year so they apply again once they have finished uni. I dont know what you expect the job market is like, but it isnt uncommon for graduates to be unemployed for extended periods post-graduation.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Last 2 semesters of uni doesnt matter if you get shit marks. HERES WHY? ??

Seriously mate, you TOTALLY UNDERESTIMATE how hard it is to get a job. I have a friend who's an intern at one of the big four banks and didn't even manage to get a grad position after the internship. And he's a Hd and D student throughout his commerce degree.

And sometimes when the job market gets competitive, employers will look at your whole university result including your ATAR.

Even when I applied for part time work as a receptionist in a medical centre when I was only starting out in first year uni, the employers still wanted to see my HSC results although it has NOTHING TO DO with the job at all.

So your uni results are important, unless you have connections who can definitely let you get into the job market. Then that's a different story altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enoilgam

HSC

Seriously mate, you TOTALLY UNDERESTIMATE how hard it is to get a job. I have a friend who's an intern at one of the big four banks and didn't even manage to get a grad position after the internship. And he's a Hd and D student throughout his commerce degree.
Sums up my thoughts - the market is so tough to break into, you really need to do your utmost to build a top notch CV. This isnt the HSC where you can just slack off because you "only need X ATAR" for your course.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

And sometimes when the job market gets competitive, employers will look at your whole university result including your ATAR.

Even when I applied for part time work as a receptionist in a medical centre when I was only starting out in first year uni, the employers still wanted to see my HSC results although it has NOTHING TO DO with the job at all.

So your uni results are important, unless you have connections who can definitely let you get into the job market. Then that's a different story altogether.

Mate not for grad jobs they wont.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A

Ok. That's up to you. But my side of the fence is that it's better not to risk it. Just study hard and maintain your grades---that's the best possible safety net.

enoilgam

HSC

A few companies do ask for your ATAR - mainly the Big 4 Accounting firms (I was asked to provide my ATAR for Deloitte and E&Y).

sghguos

HSC
N/A

A few companies do ask for your ATAR - mainly the Big 4 Accounting firms (I was asked to provide my ATAR for Deloitte and E&Y).
Ahh kk thx. Hey Enoilgam just to confirm, is it the lsat 2 semesters that dont count for the grad jobs or just the last semester in terms of wam?

enoilgam

HSC

Ahh kk thx. Hey Enoilgam just to confirm, is it the lsat 2 semesters that dont count for the grad jobs or just the last semester in terms of wam?
You need to try across all semesters.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

You need to try across all semesters.
dude dont be dogg. spit it out. Is
it last sem or last 2 sem that dont count. Plz answer dont be slack

enoilgam

HSC

dude dont be dogg. spit it out. Is
it last sem or last 2 sem that dont count. Plz answer dont be slack
I did answer, all semesters count. You cant afford to slack off in the last two semesters because you may miss out on all graduate opportunities.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

I did answer, all semesters count. You cant afford to slack off in the last two semesters because you may miss out on all graduate opportunities.

Talking for grad jobs here not uni or future opportunities

enoilgam

HSC

Talking for grad jobs here not uni or future opportunities
I'm talking about graduate jobs - if you fail to make it in whilst you are at uni, you will have to reapply the year after once you have graduated. Then, recruiters will ask for the MOST RECENT transcript, which covers your WHOLE degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)