2nd Year English (2 Viewers)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
walrusbear said:
i did lit & cinema and lit & politics
i liked both courses generally
cinema had a lot of texts i liked - though lots of people hated the kafka...
literature and politics had some slow novels to read at the beginning but the 20th century stuff was quite interesting

i also did the 'special studies' course; the canon and the language
neither are amazing fun, but i believe that's their function
the canon was ok but the language was atrocious.
i think they've been conflated for 2006+...
i don't think those subjects are offered to us anymore, they sound good though. im just sick of this placing a topic area and writing about it. like "how are these topics 'modern'"? gaaah sooo hsc.

05er u said before "english...fuck that shit". i find that weird coz most people who do 4units in high school end up continuing it in uni. if u hate it so much, why did u do 4 units of it? lol uni english is better....and harder

walrusbear

HSC
the senior english units that are offered alternate every year
so lit and cinema will be back next year, methinks

also i don't understand how anyone could dislike english?? but that's just me

and to 05er, i'm not sure why people didn't like kafka. my tutorial was full of retards. very annoying

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Darling cousins in the English department -

I was originally doing and English major untill second year ... in fact I am reminded of that great hymn, Amazing Grace, indeed

I once was lost, but now I'm found; was blind but now I see
'Twas second year English that poisoned me but then I found History

Leave the rotten old maze of Wolley and come to the History department - we will love you care for and you will have ever so much fun! I promise! :)

Here endeth the shameless recruitment attempt on behalf of the History department.

:)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
walrusbear said:
i'm not sure why people didn't like kafka. my tutorial was full of retards. very annoying
Question - the answer to this is probably obvious, but I thought I'd ask it anyway ...
In the English department, did you do Kafka in English or German?

I remeber doing it in second year German and it really annoying the fruit tingles out of me ...

You are talking about Kafka of Urteil Prozess fame, because if not, then I've just made a baboon out of myself, haven't I ...

To the beach!

walrusbear

HSC
to manly: yeah we read the trial in english, of course :p
and it was a toss up between english and history for me but i'm happy with my choice. I'm doing some junior history next year however, and hopefully some senior units the year after.

jellybeenz

HSC
Its a toss up between english and history for me... I don't know why I settled on english when my marks are probably better for history. Its still all very up in the air... I think I just enjoy english more and the only reason my marks arent that great is because I don't have as much time to spend on it as I'd like...

My pre-enrolment has me in english, history and psych subjects but thats just coz I don't know how I'll go in the exams. I think I'll major in english and psych and minor in history but it could be the other way around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)