2nd yr com/law needs sum insight from finance co-op student (1 Viewer)

jonathan__

HSC
Hi,
I've just received a letter from a senior lecturer of finance (and i'm sure many of you guys would have too) in regards to transferring to finance co-op. However, I am pretty comfortable in my com/law course as i work in a bank already, but there are benefits of co-op in regards to employment. If there is anyone out there currently doing co-op in finance, please give me some insight as to the prospects of employment, the experiences that you gain as a co-op student, and whether it is actually worth it. Catch 22 indeed...

Cheers.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
jonathan__ said:
Hi,
I've just received a letter from a senior lecturer of finance (and i'm sure many of you guys would have too) in regards to transferring to finance co-op. However, I am pretty comfortable in my com/law course as i work in a bank already, but there are benefits of co-op in regards to employment. If there is anyone out there currently doing co-op in finance, please give me some insight as to the prospects of employment, the experiences that you gain as a co-op student, and whether it is actually worth it. Catch 22 indeed...

Cheers.
Finance coop at unsw only started in 2005. The first graduates from the program will be in 2008. Confirm here http://www.coop.unsw.edu.au/content.aspx?URL=programs/commerce/finance/finance.htm

I win thread.

ps You seem quite nonchalant of your success in attaining the coop. Granted you are already doing comm/law, however to put in things in perspective, a grand total of 5 coop places for finance are offered per year (according to a scholar) so your comment "I've just received a letter from a senior lecturer of finance (and i'm sure many of you guys would have too)" is inexplicably wanky.

Good luck with your decision though. Maybe you should speak to stephanie wow :eek:

jonathan__

HSC
haha nar sorry if it seemed as if I were to get an automatic spot, but what i meant was the the lecturer told me to apply for it. i'm not asking for graduates, i'm asking for current students.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
jonathan__ said:
haha nar sorry if it seemed as if I were to get an automatic spot, but what i meant was the the lecturer told me to apply for it. i'm not asking for graduates, i'm asking for current students.
Yeah I know, but current students in my view would not be able to give you a good overview of employment prospects. A catch 22 as you rightly point out.

My 2sense.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I think it got sent to quite alot of people. My friend and I both got an email as well.

lDoHl

HSC
I got email regarding the co-op spot as well. One of the criteria for admission into the program however is that you need to be a 1st year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)