2U/3U maths tutoring from STGGHS maths god ($30/hr) (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello BoS!

Advertising for my friend Jeanne, who was St George Girl's 2010 maths god. :D

Here's her qualifications and stuff:

I am a Commerce/Advanced Maths student at UNSW offering 2U and 3U tutoring for Prelim and HSC students.

I went to St George Girls High School where I ranked 1st internally for 4U Maths and 3rd internally 3U Maths.

In the 2010 HSC , I got 97 and 93 for 3U and 4U Maths respectively. I also got Best Pass in STGGHS for 3U Maths and an ATAR of 98.40.

I have 3 years of tutoring experience, mainly primary school students and high school students. One of my Year 9 students has improved his grades drastically and has risen to his grade's top Maths class. In his most recent class test, he came third. Furthermore, I am presently doing Homework Help workshops at Dr Du Coaching Pty Ltd.

Please contact me via email j.kuang@live.com.au.
I can personally testify on her great tutoring skills, she was pretty much the go-to person at St George for maths help in 2010 and she has definitely helped me a lot for 3U & 4U during our HSC. :) Lots of experience and knows her maths.

Contact her NAO :D

EDIT: Area is Liverpool area, Hurstville area or UNSW.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not to be too cruel, but I think 93 in 4U hardly warrants the title 'Maths God'. Tone it down a bit.

michaeljennings

HSC
+2. However, those are still respectable marks, especially combined with her prior experience of tutoring.
true, but I believe you are the god at maths if you were to compare her marks to yours. Maybe she can be the god of tutoring with her 'prior experience'

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol too late, can't change titles on BoS. :(

I'll make a correction - I saw her as a maths god, and she was St George Girl's local maths god. Although she didn't do as well as she usually does in her final exam, she is still a great tutor. :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
is she hot?
Oh dear god I lol'd....

Lol too late, can't change titles on BoS. :(

I'll make a correction - I saw her as a maths god, and she was St George Girl's local maths god. Although she didn't do as well as she usually does in her final exam, she is still a great tutor. :)

Thanks for your feedback.
Apologies for the harshness. However, I will openly admit that I would rather have a person who got 93... but is GREAT at explaining concepts, as pwoh has said... as opposed to someone who got 100, who knows how to do all the questions, but can't really explain how they got from Step A to B.... or how they 'recognised' to use a suitable substitution for integration etc. Sorry ThaiN if this seems to have been targeted at you due to your excellent marks. That was no way intended!

From the sounds of it from pwoh, this Jeanne may be a very good tutor! She may be able to do all the explaining that a '100 in 4U' student can not. However, may I suggest that you offer a free trial lesson, so students can have a taste of your teaching methods before making a final decision? It may help attract more students.

HSC
Uni Grad
Not to be too cruel, but I think 93 in 4U hardly warrants the title 'Maths God'. Tone it down a bit.
Maybe she was helping people a lot, hence she is considered to be the maths god.
but then again, a maths god would actually be someone who got a state rank or at least a 96 in 4U

ThaiN

HSC
Oh dear god I lol'd....

Apologies for the harshness. However, I will openly admit that I would rather have a person who got 93... but is GREAT at explaining concepts, as pwoh has said... as opposed to someone who got 100, who knows how to do all the questions, but can't really explain how they got from Step A to B.... or how they 'recognised' to use a suitable substitution for integration etc. Sorry ThaiN if this seems to have been targeted at you due to your excellent marks. That was no way intended!

From the sounds of it from pwoh, this Jeanne may be a very good tutor! She may be able to do all the explaining that a '100 in 4U' student can not. However, may I suggest that you offer a free trial lesson, so students can have a taste of your teaching methods before making a final decision? It may help attract more students.
No offense taken! I totally agree with your philosophy behind tutoring, and that's the exact same principles I follow when I tutor as well. This is particularly why you see me supporting other tutors, regardless of marks, because I 100% believe that it doesn't require a top mark to be a top teacher. The first thing I tell my students is this: "a great teacher isn't one that has great marks or knows the most about the subject, but one that is able to transfer everything they know and understand about the subject into you so that you will hopefully one day surpass them". It sounds super corny I know, but it's just what I believe in.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh dear god I lol'd....

Thanks, I agree :) She is willing to offer a trial lesson to people who are interested.

Maybe she was helping people a lot, hence she is considered to be the maths god.
but then again, a maths god would actually be someone who got a state rank or at least a 96 in 4U
Yep, everyone went to her for help lol. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)