2U maths assessment marks and band 5/6 (1 Viewer)

stereoheart

HSC
You know how you sit asessments during the year at school and teachers put all your marks onto the computer at the end of the year and send them off to BOS?
...Is that what your "assessment mark" is?

OR

is it the mark that your "rank" achieves in the hsc? For example if I come first then I take the highest mark of the hsc exam as my assessment mark and I keep my own hsc mark as my hsc mark?

So realistally, say you are ranked 81/83 and the school sends in a mark of 33 as your assessment mark to the bored of studies but in the actual hsc exam you score 85. Will it be the average of these two marks? Or would you recieve the 81s mark of the hsc exam as your assessment mark and keep your 85 hsc mark as your hsc mark?

Thank for all your help! :D

iBibah

HSC
You know how you sit asessments during the year at school and teachers put all your marks onto the computer at the end of the year and send them off to BOS?
...Is that what your "assessment mark" is?

OR

is it the mark that your "rank" achieves in the hsc? For example if I come first then I take the highest mark of the hsc exam as my assessment mark and I keep my own hsc mark as my hsc mark?

So realistally, say you are ranked 81/83 and the school sends in a mark of 33 as your assessment mark to the bored of studies but in the actual hsc exam you score 85. Will it be the average of these two marks? Or would you recieve the 81s mark of the hsc exam as your assessment mark and keep your 85 hsc mark as your hsc mark?

Thank for all your help! :D
The first and last ranked get their 'ranks' mark as their assessment and the ones inbetween are moderated according to difference in raw marks. SO if you second, but REALLY close to first, you shouldn't be affected too much.

This bolded part is a misconception as usally when this^ occurs, it is or is close to your ranks mark.

stereoheart

HSC
so you still get the mark the school sends in but its just moderated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)