2U Maths Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

HoldingOn

HSC
Please tell me someone got π/5 something for theta in q16. Also someone please tell me how to do the MC with the parabola dish thingy and the number of downloads one???
For theta I found x to be root 200/3 or something like that. Then I considered that the curved surface area of cone is equal to the area of the cut out sector they gave us. So I just found the max value of the the cone and then used the area of sector to find theta by equating the areas. I got like 5 radians I think

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
oml I bombed that paper, brb gotta change my uac preferences

Legit walked in aiming for a band 6, walked out hoping for a band 4. I swear it feels like I've gotten worse at maths over the past couple years. Funny though, I did the very last part of q16 fine but the rest of q16 I struggled on :/

bjw22

HSC
I feel like a proper imbecile reading this... All these smart people.
I was nervous at the start and made a few errors all of which I hope I fixed.
Was on track for most of it but I feel like I didn't do that well.
16b and 16c gonna pull me down.

My ATAR is descending to an absolute minimum with no signs of it being a turning point.
It's taken a turn for the worst and is curving downwards drastically.

sourish

HSC
For theta I found x to be root 200/3 or something like that. Then I considered that the curved surface area of cone is equal to the area of the cut out sector they gave us. So I just found the max value of the the cone and then used the area of sector to find theta by equating the areas. I got like 5 radians I think
I equated the circumference of the base of the cone to the sector length, so 2pi X (root 200/3) = 10 theta. then i got theta = pi X (200/3)^0.5 /5

galaxys2000

HSC
To be completely honest the exam wasn't too hard when compared to past papers. A few curveballs with the probability & last question for 16 but other than that there wasn't anything too challenging or out of the blue - Some questions just required a bit more of a implicit approach towards it. I'm not sure I got the probability one but I did take cases and it did seem to work out in the end so fingers crossed at that. Overall happy but its better now to just focus on other subjects and leave it behind ;P

hello067

HSC
N/A
that totally put me down.. thought I did enough studying and past papers but was totally wrong, first few q untill q15 was fine but towards the end I literally just gave up... even my teacher was sure I can get over 90, but after the test im not even sure if I can even get 80....

Powereaper

HSC
I feel like I got Q16 correct since all my answers have been matching up so far.
I'm just banging my head on that shoe multi question. I put 1/4, but I kind of knew it wasn't the answer, and the moment I left the exam room, I knew it was 1/7.:evilfire:

juusee

HSC
The reason question 16 was hard was that the questions required a lot of working out. I knew what to do, but it's not easy trying to pull through with a lot of working out especially when you're not given nice, round numbers to work with.

samsham1030

HSC
N/A
i have basically already found out that i am like 80s -84 smh. Just hoping for the cut off to be low so i can get scaled to a good mark

Danneo

HSC
For the financial part in Q16, it used the same concept as the financial in 2014, so proving it wasnt so bad. I just REALLY lucky i studied it on the bus to school. My mistake was spending so much time on the easy questions that i didnt have enough time for the harders one in Q14-15. Probably avoid that in 3U

bjw22

HSC
Please someone intelligent do the 2 unit solutions - I need to see if I have a future living on the streets or may actually have a chance of obtaining an ATAR above a mystery mark.

Lion1s7

HSC
Uni Grad
If someone recreates the paper I'll get it done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)