2unit mark when u do 4 unit.. (1 Viewer)

stag_j

i thought 4 unit students just didnt get a mark for 2u. like 2u isnt even on the list of subjects studied..
so there is no mark, no band, nothing.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Rahul
Mathematics (Extension 2) students are not required to sit for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination. If this student had sat for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination it is likely that he/she would have achieved Band 6 in that course.
thats for E3/4, for E1/2 its is same except the expect band 5 or higher in 2u.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
umm...no.

it says:
Mathematics (Extension 2) students are not required to sit for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination. If this student had sat for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination it is likely that he/she would have achieved Band 6 in that course.
Originally posted by SXC_DRAGON_BOY
in the 2003 certificates it says band 5
when did u do the hsc rahul?
The band written in that small statement is specific to each student.

The Board works backwards from your Extension marks to calculate an approximate Mathematics mark for you. This mark isn't actually used for anything except for determining the band number printed in the above statement.

No student is ever 'assumed' to have gained 100% in the lower course.

Rahul

Dead Member
oh ok....so they compare my 3u mark with marks of "3u students" who scored similar 3u mark as me, and the 2u mark they scored is what i would have possibly got, working on an average.

lil princess

HSC
My teacher has been telling me stuff which kind of contridicts what you guys are all saying.

If you do 4 unit, does this mean that the supposed band 5/6 mark which you would have recived for two unit, [supposing you did the exam] cannot be used in your ten best units for UAI purposes???

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by lil princess
My teacher has been telling me stuff which kind of contridicts what you guys are all saying.

If you do 4 unit, does this mean that the supposed band 5/6 mark which you would have recived for two unit, [supposing you did the exam] cannot be used in your ten best units for UAI purposes???
You have 4 units for maths: 2 from 3 unit, 2 from 4 unit. The band 5/6 for 2 unit is given as a means to an end. It makes sense to think of it like that, however, it's not calculated on that basis. (I think...)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The 2U mark is a 'notional' mark only, and is given so that you can be aware of your achievement in terms of course standards.

This notional mark is not used for anything else, including your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)