2unit or move to general? (1 Viewer)

lemon1

HSC
Hey guys and girls, i'm currently in year 12 now and i saw that in year 11, i basically only studied maths, and disregarded the rest of my subjects. Now my concern is if i continue doing 2unit, all my time will go there instead of spreading out the time between the rest of my subjects. What's the point of getting 100% in 2unit and failing the rest of your subjects? You can see what i'm trying to say here. So my question is, is it a good idea to move to general mathematics now or just continue 2unit. I am currently doing well in 2unit, i just haven't learnt geometry (still D: )

Please help me take the right path, this is freaking me out :(

Thankyou!

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well, you would've missed out on all of Year 11 General Mathematics...

I haven't looked at the General course in depth, but my understanding is that 2U and General are completely different subjects. So you'd need to catch up on the work that you'd missed.

I'd probably opt with staying with 2U.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
What cutemouse said. General has very different things to 2U.

*insert 2010 toilet question*

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Don't move to General. Since you are doing well in 2U,spend less time now on it and start spending more time on your other subjects - right now. As cute pointed out, General is a very different subject and you have missed out on the Prelim part.

Peeik

HSC
2U = calculus based course
General = non-calculus based course

Theyre 2 very different subjects and i would stick with 2u.

lemon1

HSC
thankyou for your input guys, really appreciate it, i will probably be sticking with 2unit then.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Hey guys and girls, i'm currently in year 12 now and i saw that in year 11, i basically only studied maths, and disregarded the rest of my subjects. Now my concern is if i continue doing 2unit, all my time will go there instead of spreading out the time between the rest of my subjects. What's the point of getting 100% in 2unit and failing the rest of your subjects? You can see what i'm trying to say here. So my question is, is it a good idea to move to general mathematics now or just continue 2unit. I am currently doing well in 2unit, i just haven't learnt geometry (still D: )

Thankyou!
I would definitely advise working straight up for other hsc subjects you have chosen if you're already quite experienced at 2 unit maths.

weli2960

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok. 2U is a very algebra based course, the general is also algebra based without the the working on hand. However, the course is very literacy based. Stick with 2U for doing a lot of exercises.

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad

Thankyou!
Manage your time wisely and you'll be fine.

kfnmpah

HSC
Don't do general. it's vegie maths. You will get bored and complacent.
Challenge yourself, learning isn't meant to be easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)