2UNIT paper apparently needed 3UNIT skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
yerrrr well i still think that exam was hard hehe really hard... i didnt even have time to do q9..nd 10... nd yeah with me like some one already mentioned previosly it was TIME!!!! i never have enough time duding the exams bahahah

TheHeretic

I love how all the 3 unit kids come in to jump on every question. Yeah great, the exam was easy for you: as to be expected. 3 unit skills weren't required, but it was most definately too hard for 2 unit kids. The average student doesn't have a lot of time for 8,9,10 because he wants to make sure he gets the easy stuff right at the start: which generally constitutes the majority of his marks. 8,9 and 10 were too hard: since when does 3/10 of the paper completely cut off the middle student?

If you think it was fair, great, enjoy your awesome mathematics mark. For the average mathematics Joe's like the rest of us: we got screwed big time. I did -7- practice papers and always managed to get decent marks in everything up to question 9. For 10 it was usually guesswork, albiet, but I am completely happy to let question 10 go to people who own maths.

I am -not- willing to have 8-9-10 directed towards the mathematically inclined 3 unit people. YOU are sitting OUR paper. You play by our rules, our standards, our difficulty. NO amount of study was going to help me on those last questions because they were completely unexpected: i've never seen anything like quite a few of them.

And thats all I have to say. Whats done is done, but this crap about how "difficult exam > better scaling" doesn't justify shit. I shouldn't have to go through hell because the retards down at the Board of Studies decided to play russian roulette with the mathematics students.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
TheHeretic said:
I love how all the 3 unit kids come in to jump on every question. Yeah great, the exam was easy for you: as to be expected. 3 unit skills weren't required, but it was most definately too hard for 2 unit kids. The average student doesn't have a lot of time for 8,9,10 because he wants to make sure he gets the easy stuff right at the start: which generally constitutes the majority of his marks. 8,9 and 10 were too hard: since when does 3/10 of the paper completely cut off the middle student?

If you think it was fair, great, enjoy your awesome mathematics mark. For the average mathematics Joe's like the rest of us: we got screwed big time. I did -7- practice papers and always managed to get decent marks in everything up to question 9. For 10 it was usually guesswork, albiet, but I am completely happy to let question 10 go to people who own maths.

I am -not- willing to have 8-9-10 directed towards the mathematically inclined 3 unit people. YOU are sitting OUR paper. You play by our rules, our standards, our difficulty. NO amount of study was going to help me on those last questions because they were completely unexpected: i've never seen anything like quite a few of them.

And thats all I have to say. Whats done is done, but this crap about how "difficult exam > better scaling" doesn't justify shit. I shouldn't have to go through hell because the retards down at the Board of Studies decided to play russian roulette with the mathematics students.
OMFG i sooo totally agree with wat u said coz its so fuking true... yeah oh well we wont ever have to do this again YAY [unless u wanna do it in uni or something o_O] hahah.... man but that was something i wanned someone to say haha nd u did well done :D

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Component B is allowed to make up 20% of the 2 unit maths exam. If you look at one of the things component B stipulates:

[These questions test a students ability to] analyse and solve unfamiliar problems, construct logically sound solutions and recognise limitations to the validity of solutions.

If they wanted to, they could have given you a question 9 and 10 with questions that you would have never seen in your life. It is this component B where the 3 unit students are at an advantage, since they would have a greater skill in these questions (the 3 unit paper is allowed to have even more component B questions than the 2 unit one). It's the board of studies policy, they can't just give a test in which every single question is familiar to 2 unit students, because that will go against what they have stipulated a student should achieve by studying the 2 unit course. How much component B they put in the exam is up to them, so long as they don't go over what they said could possibly be in the exam.

Mooronator

HSC
GOD DAMMIT!!

i hate all these stupid nerds going "it could have easily been done if u stusdied for a trillion hours" yes the last threewe questions could possibily had been done IF more time was given to do it.. it was deffinately 3 unit material as to the depth of the questions was higher then anything wed ever done in 2U... so stop your nerding round thinking ur better then the average man caus u can do a crappy maths equation and get a life... somepeople may have found it hard to do...

bloody nerds....

Mooronator

HSC
And i deffinatly agree with the herectic.. it is bullshit for 24 marks (8-9) be robbed off us average blokes...

illusions

HSC
N/A
micky25 said:
It was on the radio - there is controversy as many people think that for the last three questions, 3unit skills were needed.... which means hopefully we will all get scaled up!
No. That's just dumb-ass reporters passing on garbled messages. The original message was that the paper was biased toward the 3U students, as questions 6-onward were typical of 9's and 10's for the 2U students, but were run-of-the-mill for 3U. 3U skills were not _required_ to do the paper, but they would have made it a lot quicker.

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
u kno wat i h8??? the fact that i studied my arse off for the whole week instead of doing my shit like go to a party or something or go out wateva!!! i just wasted all that time for bloody nothing!!! i think i failed my maths exam heheheeee.........

illusions

HSC
N/A
spank_meh said:
u kno wat i h8??? the fact that i studied my arse off for the whole week instead of doing my shit like go to a party or something or go out wateva!!! i just wasted all that time for bloody nothing!!! i think i failed my maths exam heheheeee.........
Yeah, got it in one.

These fsking n00bs saying "ner ner your only problem is that you didn't study enough" I have been doing TWO FSKING HOURS of maths a NIGHT since the third or fourth week of T3, and I didn't finish the fsking paper. And none of the 2U students at my school did either.

My issue is not that it was hard: there was nothing in that paper I was not capable of doing. There was, however, NO WAY it could be finished in time, by a typical 2U student.

*Fuming and furious*

rama_v

HSC
Most of the 3 unit kids are not kicking up a fuss saying that the if 2 unti kids studied, then they should easily have aced the test. They are merely stating that the exam did not require 3 unit skills, which is the topic of this whole thread. No doubt this exam was hard, I will admit that 2 unit studnents would find it extremely challenging, especially the last two questions. But to say that just because the many 2 unti students couldn't do the last two questions that they needed 3 unit skills is a real stretch...

illusions

HSC
N/A
micky25 said:
It was on the radio - there is controversy as many people think that for the last three questions, 3unit skills were needed.... which means hopefully we will all get scaled up!
And I am sorry about all the 3U fsking n00bs ripping into this. As far as I'm concerned, they have no right to comment.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
illusions said:
There was, however, NO WAY it could be finished in time, by a typical 2U student.
It's not meant to be finished by a typical 2U student!
There should only be 1 or 2 kids in the whole state who manage to get 120, and then some more who finish the paper but get a few marks less due to silly mistakes. Not everyone could or should be able to do it.

Pfft. Some 2U people here have an inferiority complex. (And confusing "3U skills" with practicing harder questions).

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
illusions said:
Yeah, got it in one.

These fsking n00bs saying "ner ner your only problem is that you didn't study enough" I have been doing TWO FSKING HOURS of maths a NIGHT since the third or fourth week of T3, and I didn't finish the fsking paper. And none of the 2U students at my school did either.

My issue is not that it was hard: there was nothing in that paper I was not capable of doing. There was, however, NO WAY it could be finished in time, by a typical 2U student.

*Fuming and furious*
yeah dude i was told few times by errr "really smart kidz" hehe... that i havent studied enough!!! i was like WTF?! seriously wat do u consider not enough?! i did so many past papers nd all other skool shit that we did nd borowed few books from a library [yeah im not a nerd heheee] nd u consider that not enough???!!!....
i just felf like punching the stupid person in the face.. gladly i didnt.....

Last edited:

auzbabe4christ

Hi. How are you?
HSC
personallu.. i didnt think it was bad.. an i didnt think u needed 3-unit skills to do it... the skillls i used were 2 unit, an i did 3 unit.. so yea...

jessimica

ppl who do 3unit do have an advantage they are doing more maths, plus they no easier ways of doing things, but doing the 2unit that may consisted of some 3unit is there to test the 2unit person and separates them from the rest. 3 and 4 unit students do have an advantage

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
argh... that makes me wonder why we have to do a common test with them... we dun have any chances of getting all the marks anywayz?!?!?! whats the fucking point in that??? scale us down??? oh stuff it i dont wanna think about maths anymore.. its over :D

there is nufin we can do... i guess thats just the way it is... and will be in future... :rolleyes:

mnanda88

HSC
no 3unit stuff, ur jus complaining 4 an excuse coz u went so badly !!!
neway us 3uniters can use the ... hence or otherwise ... if we kno it ....

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
mnanda88 said:
no 3unit stuff, ur jus complaining 4 an excuse coz u went so badly !!!
neway us 3uniters can use the ... hence or otherwise ... if we kno it ....
well sorry missy :rolleyes: excuse me for being so dumb!!!!! argh.... not again...

MarsBarz

HSC
The way I see it, no 3 unit theorems or formulas were required. Thus the test was feasible for 2 unit students. Stop complaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)