3 Unit or 2 Unit Math (1 Viewer)

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
Ok, so I just got my preliminary results back for my 3 unit class.
For those of you who have sane schools, let me explain how our school is doing math. Those students who are doing Extension 1 and Mathematics - there are about twelve of us - are lumped into the same class. This class then uses the Mathematics periods and the Extension 1 periods to get through almost all of the Mathematics (2 Unit) course in Year 11, giving us, theoretically, all of Year 12 for the harder Extension work.
However on inspection of my Math results this year (64%. 64-fucking-percent.), I decided that, if this is how I was going on the suppsedly easy stuff, then possibly the extension course was not for me. If I drop down to just 2 Unit, I will change classes, but I will basically be doing the same stuff that I've been doing this year, and will presumably do better this time around.
So, my question, for those of you that managed to derive some meaning from the above paragraphs, is this: would I be better off saving myself the extra workload and getting kick-ass results in 2-Unit? Or would I be better served, UAI-wise, by bludgeoning my way through 3-Unit?
Rough prediction of marks

2 Unit - 70% or 2 Unit - 90%
Ext.1 - 60%

This is assuming, of course that Ext1 becomes a decider and overrides half of one other course (as I am doing 13 units, for some unknown reason).
Thanks

gamecw

HSC
stick to 2u if u think u can do 20% beta without 3u

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
Thanks guys... gamecw, I'm pretty sure I can do at least 20% better in mathematics, and I decided to go that way... although I have 2 weeks of vacillation until it is finalised anyway :mad1:

I don't even like maths anyway... humanities beat mathematical induction any day.

munitalp

HSC
i'd go 3u, keep in mind you can always drop down to 2u, but once you drop going back up is probably never happening. 3u scales much better than 2u and would boost ur uai if you did just decent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)