3 unit tutoring (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

hey... i am so GONE for the probability part for 3 unit... if anyone has any free time id be so happy if someone could tutor me thatnks.

Rorix

HSC
i think you'd get more success if you offered to exchange money for time

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You are probably better off posting specific questions that have do with sections you are unsure of.

I mean it's not like it is 2 weeks to the HSC or anything : rolleyes : and we all have the time to teach probability in our own study time without any offer of return of thanks in the form of goods/services or money

allstarr69

ok... how about 15 bucks for the entire probability course.. youve gotta be experienced and a good teacher.. well do it via msn and i need at least a few hours of your time... am i being too cheap?

allstarr69

Xayma said:
You are probably better off posting specific questions that have do with sections you are unsure of.
but im unsure of everything lol.. i sort of fell asleep in the last few weeks of school

Estel

Tutor
HSC
rofl... you've got to be kidding Allstarr...
tutors that fit your criteria go for at least 30 an hour...

and considering you haven't got probability at this stage of the year... gonna take more than 1/2 an hr to learn...

Archman

HSC
N/A
haha, i'll take it for 15. But hafta sort out the paying detail before hand though :rolleyes:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well your best bet now is to grab the textbook go to school during STUVAC and do anything to get your teacher to reteach you.

allstarr69

ummm i dont get along with my teacher much lol. Who here is doing/has done probability for 3 unit. Do you think its that hard? Some of the questions im looking at I wouldnt have the faintest idea and the cambridge threee unit book by Pender makes the course look like you're learning hyroglyphics.
Ill go for more than 15... I just want a good teacher. Im fine with most of the other stuff... maybe binomials are a bit challenging but I can teach myself that.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Well considering there's a few weeks 'till the HSC, it's a fair bet to assume most of us have done probability...
To me it's the hardest topic in the course, tho' that doesn't mean it's really difficult.

Pender's book is brilliant, I can't say that enough.... but it doesn't cater for the low end... perhaps you should invest in an easier book.

ngai

HSC
Archman said:
haha, i'll take it for 15. But hafta sort out the paying detail before hand though :rolleyes:
lol of all the people here...the only one who accepted the $15 was you?
this is a golden chance to make $$...i thought u'd have higher demands ;)

Archman

HSC
N/A
hehe, na was just being bored, its not like im missing that 15 bucks. the demands start rolling next yr ;), and it wont be 15 then.

On a serious note, if you are really GONE for probability, you should probably browse around the forum to see how people are solving those questions, i mean surely you'll understand some of it as most people here speak plain english. *cough* and you should also post some questions up here and let other people answer and explain. I mean thats really as good as "msn tutoring", you have more than one person explaining to you as well.

Last edited:

nit

HSC
Yes, Pender and Cambridge all the way...as for probability, try to get as many q's under your belt. Start with the foundations and work your way up. You should be able to do those - otherwise you're not really fit for 3u, I'm sorry to say...

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, but well, they designed the book to work through - it's completely user-friendly, though I may be biased having Pender as my teacher :p

allstarr69

well i reckon im fit.. ive just been pretty lazy as of late. I was ranked 16 out of 70 or so but droped ten places during trials because i took the easy option of not studying enough. However, I find that by teaching myself through that pender book im doing it the hard way as im sure its not as hard as that book makes it out to be. Even our teacher reckons pender goes too far... but of course im sure for many of you bright 4 unit ppl it may not be that way.

Ill take your advice and post the problems im having later this week. As for now im struggling with English lol.

And for everyone else, good luck in the HSC! I think now is the crucial time. Work hard now and you can boost your uai by at least 10 :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Allstarrr said:
well i reckon im fit.. ive just been pretty lazy as of late. I was ranked 16 out of 70 or so but droped ten places during trials because i took the easy option of not studying enough. However, I find that by teaching myself through that pender book im doing it the hard way as im sure its not as hard as that book makes it out to be. Even our teacher reckons pender goes too far... but of course im sure for many of you bright 4 unit ppl it may not be that way.

Ill take your advice and post the problems im having later this week. As for now im struggling with English lol.

And for everyone else, good luck in the HSC! I think now is the crucial time. Work hard now and you can boost your uai by at least 10 :p
You mean 107 is feasible?

allstarr69

noooo dont scare me with more probability!
ok lets say its more exponential looking. Unfortunetely all you smart ppl can only boost maybe .1 but me... i can prolly add 5 mahahahah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)