3 wks and haven't really studied yet. (1 Viewer)

shumaker

HSC
so the hsc is in 3 weeks and i..am running of srsly low motivation right now. i made a plan on what to do, but every time i get down to doing it, i become bored/distracted because of no motivation as I recieved bad marks in trials and think "no amount of studying will ever get me a good mark, so whats the point?" then i hate myself for being lazy bcoz i really want to do well and get atleast band 5s in all subs but i just can't. On top of all this, i graduate tomorrow and am battling conflicting feelings(sadness, frustration and happiness). i know the hsc is supposed to be relatively "easier" than the trials as its spaced out and you've already had a practice run, but my memory is so bad i've forgotten almost everything i learnt for trials. plus this, everyone is buzzing over unis after getting back early entry offers from good unis like macquarie, usyd, unsw etc and i feel like i can't ever reach that standard and am panicking over if i can even get into a uni at all. everyone else seems so cool and composed over the hsc, and no one in my grade grinds half as hard as i do before exams, but still manage to score excellent marks while I can only manage average or substandard results.

HSC
so the hsc is in 3 weeks and i..am running of srsly low motivation right now. i made a plan on what to do, but every time i get down to doing it, i become bored/distracted because of no motivation as I recieved bad marks in trials and think "no amount of studying will ever get me a good mark, so whats the point?" then i hate myself for being lazy bcoz i really want to do well and get atleast band 5s in all subs but i just can't. On top of all this, i graduate tomorrow and am battling conflicting feelings(sadness, frustration and happiness). i know the hsc is supposed to be relatively "easier" than the trials as its spaced out and you've already had a practice run, but my memory is so bad i've forgotten almost everything i learnt for trials. plus this, everyone is buzzing over unis after getting back early entry offers from good unis like macquarie, usyd, unsw etc and i feel like i can't ever reach that standard and am panicking over if i can even get into a uni at all. everyone else seems so cool and composed over the hsc, and no one in my grade grinds half as hard as i do before exams, but still manage to score excellent marks while I can only manage average or substandard results.
Srsly, not one of these posts again. ru the same person rephrasing one post in multiple ways? because I swear, this is like the fifth post i've seen today that contains the same recycled baloney all over again.

and abt the hsc, ur not the only person in the world to sit the exams, so stop wasting your time whingeing on these posts and actually study so you can "get atleast band 5s" in your subs.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Its okay !! Just know that your atar is just a number, and no matter what you get you can get into almost any field. You might not get into USYD or UNSW who cares? At the end of the day, your degree is all that matters and if you really want to go there you can transfer. I understand you because I'm also lazy sometimes, and 3 weeks is A LOT of time. If you keep procrastinating, crying, running away from your problems it's not going to help. It doesn't matter how much you study it matters how well you understand the content, you won't get a 99.95 atar but a 80+ is still achievable and even 90+ if you did well on internals overall. Even if your atar is around 60-70 you should be so proud for trying, and its not true that "doing bad on trials, will not get you a good mark" My schools average atar is around 95-98, a lot of people get 60-70 on trials. It obviously scales up but not to a 90, which means it's achievable to get a good mark even if you did decent/bad/great on trials. You have time, go make yourself proud and us xx ~
Srsly, not one of these posts again. ru the same person rephrasing one post in multiple ways? because I swear, this is like the fifth post i've seen today that contains the same recycled baloney all over again.

and abt the hsc, ur not the only person in the world to sit the exams, so stop wasting your time whingeing on these posts and actually study so you can "get atleast band 5s" in your subs.
any nicer ?? if you have nothing nice to say leave, cause your not helping :/

axyx

HSC
Uni Grad

based

shumaker

HSC
so the hsc is in 3 weeks and i..am running of srsly low motivation right now. i made a plan on what to do, but every time i get down to doing it, i become bored/distracted because of no motivation as I recieved bad marks in trials and think "no amount of studying will ever get me a good mark, so whats the point?" then i hate myself for being lazy bcoz i really want to do well and get atleast band 5s in all subs but i just can't. On top of all this, i graduate tomorrow and am battling conflicting feelings(sadness, frustration and happiness). i know the hsc is supposed to be relatively "easier" than the trials as its spaced out and you've already had a practice run, but my memory is so bad i've forgotten almost everything i learnt for trials. plus this, everyone is buzzing over unis after getting back early entry offers from good unis like macquarie, usyd, unsw etc and i feel like i can't ever reach that standard and am panicking over if i can even get into a uni at all.
Its okay !! Just know that your atar is just a number, and no matter what you get you can get into almost any field. You might not get into USYD or UNSW who cares? At the end of the day, your degree is all that matters and if you really want to go there you can transfer. I understand you because I'm also lazy sometimes, and 3 weeks is A LOT of time. If you keep procrastinating, crying, running away from your problems it's not going to help. It doesn't matter how much you study it matters how well you understand the content, you won't get a 99.95 atar but a 80+ is still achievable and even 90+ if you did well on internals overall. Even if your atar is around 60-70 you should be so proud for trying, and its not true that "doing bad on trials, will not get you a good mark" My schools average atar is around 95-98, a lot of people get 60-70 on trials. It obviously scales up but not to a 90, which means it's achievable to get a good mark even if you did decent/bad/great on trials. You have time, go make yourself proud and us xx ~

any nicer ?? if you have nothing nice to say leave, cause your not helping :/
thanks for that, ill def try my best over the next few weeks :)

shumaker

HSC

I posted this message because I need help with my situation. If you do not have anything helpful to share, it would be much appreciated if you could stop posting rude comments on my posts and leave. I neither asked for nor need your uncharitable remarks so kindly refrain from commenting on my posts if you cannot be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)