30 or less (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah we still have "graded" classes...they tell us they dont do that, but they do...if there's more than one class for a subject they organise you according to your SC marks in that course/subject area, like for bio they took our science marks, etc etc. if you do an extension course though, and theres also more than one class for that subject, (eg ext eng or ext maths) you automatically get put in the "1" class for it. so my english class is basically my extension class with a couple of others.
i dont see whats so bad about grading classes, really. all this crap about "you'll hurt peoples feelings" and so forth...ok, in primary school, maybe, but in high school? when your rankings and marks are rightfully something you should be caring about? get over it.
I would agree with you there. :)

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
really? since my first day of high school i've been in graded classes, (7.1, 8.1, 9.1, etc :D) and we had the 3 diff maths levels (i hav been scarred by advanced maths) and every semester we got our marks and ranks in each class and if some people were doing crap they'd get moved down to 2's...twas scary, lol. even in yr 12 we had 3 advanced eng classes and they were graded too! Possibly coz our last principal was very old fashioned and determined NOT to be politically correct or overly sensitive about anything. Life was tougher, back in his day... Girls knew their place, etc...Anyway we just got a new principal this year and he decided the yr 7 classes are no longer 1, 2, 3. instead they are violet, indigo, blue....yes, its just the rainbow backwards- and its still graded!... even yr 7 kids are smart enuf to figure out that system... cept mayb the 'red' kids...lol. Anyway i like grading in high school, (but even in primary skool we had the AEC-academic extension class), it lets you know how you're going so if you WANT to do better you can get an accurate idea of what you need to do...

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
elitus said:
I'm asking this question out of curosity. Why do people with uai's of "30 or less" not receive their actual uai?

I have a few theories.

1) To spare the student's anguish
2) Because UAI's that low aren't worth the time and effort to calculate.

But does anyone know the real reason?
I'm tempted to say 'all of the above'.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
alektorophobia said:
my brother got an asterix (below 30) and hes one of the most succesful people i know...the hsc hasnt got a say in how you make your life...
Yep. A Family friend got a sh1t UAI (not necessarily 30 or less) and owns a gardening business that has turnover in the millions. UAI's aren't worth as much as you'd think.
:rolleyes:

Meteorain

I have some mates who got >30 UAI and they still want to go to good uni.
So they have to do pre-uni course like foundation or Certificate IV to get into diploma and then uni?

Obliviously <30 UAI cant do anything much even NON-Award needs at least 50UAI

so what are the other alternatives? Thx

HSC
Meteorain said:
I have some mates who got >30 UAI and they still want to go to good uni.
So they have to do pre-uni course like foundation or Certificate IV to get into diploma and then uni?

Obliviously <30 UAI cant do anything much even NON-Award needs at least 50UAI

so what are the other alternatives? Thx

have no clue...poor 30's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)