300: Written by Frank Miller (Sin City), Directed by Zack Snyder (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ooohh. This looks EPIC.

Like Sin City, it is as picturesque and also based on the original comic/graphic novel. The cinematography looks like it will always be a strong point. Directed by Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead).

Stars Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera) and Aussie actor David Wenham (Lord of the Rings, Van Helsing). It's also Rated R for High Level Battle Violence and some sexuality/nudity. (Horay!) Soundtrack also looks awesome, it is Nine Inch Nails somewhere in it.

It is about:
imdb.com said:
The 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians; the battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy

Trailer 1 is here (Windows Media Player 300K)

Trailer 2 is here (Windows Media Player 300K) or here (Quicktime Movie Trailer)

Comes out on the 5th of April

Um. I am fucking seeing this.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Been looking forward to this one for a while, looks awesome. The latest trailer is brilliant!

The book it's based on is pretty cool too, even if it has taken a bit of freedom with history.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I know I'm going to have to see this movie. But I also know that I will hype it up sooooo much that I wont like it.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
I know I'm going to have to see this movie. But I also know that I will hype it up sooooo much that I wont like it.
Don't worry, I did that with The Prestige for 4 months or more and I loved it.

Hell, I saw it twice.

And the trailer for this looks absolutely epic. As already mentioned.

MrWideload

HSC
Frank Millers 300!!!!!

OMGOMG this movie looks so good. For those of you who have read the graphic novels. OMG... 300... drools in anticpation.

gelina

HSC
Re: Frank Millers 300!!!!!

Haven't read the graphic novel but the cinematography looks awesome (appeals to me, anyway).

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A

Gerry Butler!!!! WOOT!!!! From what i seen/heard so far, this movie is set to be AWESOME! But it's rated... R!!!!! Why!?!?!?! I'm not OLD enough to watch! Would they let youngins into the movie with people who ARE old enough? Coz i'm only 17... so VERY close to 18... *sigh* Well, i'll watch it SOMEHOW...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Way to not check if someone else made a thread on it.

Merged with the older thread, which I made, which was better. Mine has pictures. :p

walrusbear

HSC

am i the only one who thinks it looks like a bad computer game?

(will see it anyway)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC

ssejamafone said:
Gerry Butler!!!! WOOT!!!! From what i seen/heard so far, this movie is set to be AWESOME! But it's rated... R!!!!! Why!?!?!?! I'm not OLD enough to watch! Would they let youngins into the movie with people who ARE old enough? Coz i'm only 17... so VERY close to 18... *sigh* Well, i'll watch it SOMEHOW...
Depends what cinema you go to. If you go to George street you will get pawned. Broadway not so much, ive never been asked for ID there

walrusbear

HSC

according to imdb this was re-rated MA on appeal

for those concerned

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

ssejamafone said:
Yeah, a bunch of us are going to try and see it tomorrow. There are 4 cinemas within a 20 minute walking zone, so hopefully we'll be in luck. Plus at one of the cinemas you can buy tickets on three different floors of the shopping centre, so there's more chances!

People tend to think we're older than we are anyway.

*crosses fingers*

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Actually, now that I know that the hot guy from Love Actually is in it, I think it might be worth my $9.30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)