• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

$30ph| Tutoring + Comprehensive Essay Marking services | ATAR 99.25 (1 Viewer)

anday05

HSC
Hi Everyone,
My name is Andy Su and I have completed my HSC in 2016, achieving the All-Rounders award and an ATAR of 99.25. Furthermore, I was also the Dux of Holy Spirit Catholic College in 2016.

So having just completed my exams recently, I have a very strong understanding of what HSC markers look for and how you can maximise your chances of achieving your best in the following subjects:
Advanced English – 93
Mathematics 2U – 99
Mathematics Extension 1 – 47/50
Physics – 92
Legal Studies – 92
Geography – 93
Studies of Religion 1 – 47/50

I will be offering my tutoring services in Mathematics and comprehensive essay marking services in Adv. Eng, Legal Studies, Geography and SOR1 to help students improve their extended response writing skills.

Along with my HSC results, I have developed experience over the past year in helping students understand difficult concepts in Maths and English through my role as teacher for my tutoring centre’s homework class. So I have extensive knowledge of how my teaching methods can be effectively applied to help you gain a stronger grasp of your course’s content and to better understand the ways your knowledge should be utilised in your exam for maximum marks.

What are you looking for?
I am looking for students that have a passion for the subject they need help with and are determined to overcome these struggles to achieve better overall academic results.

What is your lesson structure?
For Mathematics, I strongly believe that success requires a high degree of flexibility in the student as questions asked are not always the same and higher difficulty questions will require vague additional steps before being able to reach the answer. So I will focus on teaching a wide range of different questions to you to increase your analytical thinking skills and ability to adapt to new unseen questions at the time of your exam.
For other subjects such as Legal Studies and Geography, my focus involves identifying the flaws and strengths of your short and long response structures. This process of refining your response structure is fundamental for success in these courses as a fine structure will greatly help express ideas logically and coherently for the marker to easily remember. Furthermore, I will help you develop skills in connecting your real-world examples with the question. This skill is crucial as it strengthens your argument and boosts the quality of any of your essays.

Location and Rates
My tutoring services will be available in and around the Bankstown region. If you are interested but happen to live or want to meet in a location that is relatively distant to Bankstown, please let me know as we can negotiate a small travel fee.
The rates will be $30/hour, however, I will only charge $20/hour on your first lesson to let you gain an initial understanding of the way I teach and how it will improve your results for HSC.
The length of each tutorial will range from 1-3 hours depending on your needs and the frequency can be once or twice a week or fortnightly.

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME
If you want to express your interest in being tutored by me or have questions regarding the HSC, my lesson structures, my HSC credentials or anything else please feel free to contact me via private message on BoredofStudies or my email: su.andy@outlook.com
I will reply to any of your concerns as soon as possible.

Thank you

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)