31336 Internet Middleware Programming (1 Viewer)

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Has anyone done 31336 Internet Middleware Programming
if so how does it compare to AIT, MOBPROG. DCA, OOP, OOD etc. Is it much of a workload if i do it with DS&PP, IP&PS and PMQA?

fatmuscle

HSC
IMP is the 'easy' version of AIT.

IMP is php based where as AIT is OO/Java Based.
I'm not the best programmer, but I could pick up PHP very very easily. The thing with PHP is that there's so many examples over the internet and so much help. just google away

I came out with an HD :)

DSPP - is C? It'll be very similar to PHP (kinda)
IP&PS - never heard of this subject before
PMQA - Start EARLY. the PERT takes AGES to do properly. and the 2nd assignment takes a very very long time.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you mean ITPS (31479) then that's a fairly easy subject and I wouldn't worry about it too much. PMQA and SITPP are harder and more workload than ITPS.

Crammer

HSC
N/A
To be honest i FAILED DS&PP by 1 mark. The whole saga with Gordon Lingard and him assessing the subject poorly (it was refeered to the Ass. Dean and the Student Union) i believe caused this. Everyone thought they'd fail and i had the feeling that i would which influenced my exam mark.

Anyway this semester it'sRyan Heise? the oop dude is the lecturer and the subject co-ordinator after Mr Lingard's 5-8? teaching which is very suprising..anyone hear about this?

Lastly i have SITPP next semester it's the only subject i'll be doing apart from the Dip part of the course. I'm not sure should i delay a subject and take 3 subjects?

roo

HSC
IMP is easy as, I got a HD as well. It's easy to pick up and the textbook is helpful.

Our group under-estimated SITPP, it does take a lot of time and effort but our tutor was misleading. If you have questions, always go to the lecturer! We ended up failing SITPP, but he have us a supplementary assignment which was basically writing a report on our faults and how we could improve, but done individually.

I delayed my work exp. till 4th year and did 1 subject last sem and another this sem from the degree (I was 2 behind). If you're doing IBT sub-major, doing Project 31030 is really simple during work exp. Tony Jan gave me a reeeeeeeeeally simple project for P or C. I've got a job lined up for next year, so I'd be happy with a P!

Crammer

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the input guys. Yes IMP is fun and easy i had no professional experience with PHP apart from other programming languages and techniques (ejb's, servlets, jsps, midp etc) it just seemed to flow easily :) I'm actually doing Assignment 1 by my self since i couldn't find a partner in the first week i also began on the first week and finished the assignment in the second week so it wouldn't be fare for the other person to work on an already completed assignment? :)

How is the 2nd assignment? i hear it's a auction? how would someone who went really well in AIT handle it? I want to get that out of the way too before the big rush heh but i don't have the specifications..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
roo said:
The 2nd assignment is easy too. I struggled with AIT, so you should find it quite easy.
did u do AIT last sem? worst subject ever lol. :ninja:

roo

HSC
copious said:
did u do AIT last sem? worst subject ever lol. :ninja:
Haha tell me bout it! I always wondered what I did wrong to deserve a subject like that!

I did it last year in semester 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)