3D Rendering Programs- Poser, 3d Max, Lightwave... (1 Viewer)

Prying Pandora

HSC
Does anyone have any experience with some of the major 3d rendering programs?
I use Poser 5 but the rendering time for any complex scenes is so long I cannot be bothered...
If not Poser then I wanted to use 3d Max or LightWave for renders- then I could 'explore' composition for my MW in a different way and maybe include them in my non-existent VAPD...
So which is faster- or are there any plug-ins I could use to speed up the process?

:cool: So, does anyone know what I'm talking about, or shall I prapare for the isolation as to which I am readied for :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
If you are looking for an excellent 3d program to design geography and architecture you should have a look at the Unreal Engine Editor. It was made to create the levels in the Unreal Series. I used the editor (unreal1) for my body of work 2 years ago and it is still a very powerful tool if you know how to use it. It isn't like 3d max studio, but i think the latest series (Unreal2) is actually compatible with Maya and (i think) 3d max. It comes free with the games so you would only need to pay about 50 dollars, but don't think that reflects anything, just look at what the engine is capable of if you go to Unreal2 sites. If you are interested in using it and need some help with it just msn me. (cyan_phoenix@hotmail.com).
Either way, good luck on your artwork. its good that your starting it so early (i'm assuming your starting year 12 this year?). What kind of theme are you thinking of doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)