3D trigonometry (1 Viewer)

eal

HSC
Some Question Help please!!!

Fitzpatrick written questions
3D trig
11. ABC is a triangle in which AC = 7cm. a circle, centre B and radius BC, cuts AB internally at D AD = 5 cm, DC = 4cm. Calculate length of BC
13. A,B, C and D are 4 points, equally spaced on the circumference of a horizontal circle of radius 3cm. P is a point such that PA = PD = 4cm and PB = PC = 6cm. Calculate the size of angle APC

An open rectangular tank a units deep and b units wide holds water and is tilted so that the base BC makes an angle theta with the horizontal. When BC is returned to the horizontal, show that the depth of the water is a^2 cot theta / 2b units
A conical vessel, vertex at O, semi-vertical angle alpha, is suspended from a point A on the rim of the base: G is a point on the axis OC of the cone, such that OG = 2/3 OC
If the vessel rests with G vertically below A, show that the angle beta which AO makes with the vertical is given by tan beta = 2tan alpha / (1 + 3tan ^2 alpha)
3 points P, Q and R lie in a horizontal plane. Angles RPQ and RQP are a and b respectively. If PQ is x units in length, show that the perpendicular distance y from R to PQ is given by y = xtan a tan b/ (tan a + tan b)

Makematics

HSC
oh god yes i remember these questions from year 11 :') good times... they were some of the most brutal questions i ever laid my eyes on. well actually there was some extremely difficult question about an inclined road :p

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Wouldn't believe how many times I've solved number 2/3 on BoS. :=) Some youngsters may enjoy this. (2015/2014ers)

Last edited:

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
oh god yes i remember these questions from year 11 :') good times... They were some of the most brutal questions i ever laid my eyes on. Well actually there was some extremely difficult question about an inclined road :p
question 2 right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)