3rd yr psych units (1 Viewer)

vick86

HSC
Hey Macquarie psych students,

Just wondering people past and present I guess that have done 300 level psych units... which would you recommend? I transfered from another uni and have to make up a psy237 (as i didn't do it at my old uni), so I don't know many people other than a few 2nd yrs, so any advice would be great :)

Thanx

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Ooooh!! another psychology student *grab n hugs*.

We've got a fair few 3rd year psyche students on here, including myself, cyan phoenix, skittled, maryjane, rage against BOS n urrm i think thats it... however i'm making up for my BBA so i'm sort of falling behind my fellow 3rd year psych pples coz im taking dry boring business units to make up for my double degree. However....

I am doing psy307 this semester... if your not into business, then don't do it!!! I think it's pretty cool, abit dry at times but the workload is do-able and the tutes are very structured and enjoyable, the tutors are all great and they've all been in the industry, Debra Pamula is great! I love her! she's like my idol.. she was a HRM manager and she's doing her masters in org psych, i think she wants to get into change management which would be my ultimate dream job, which is what... Furthermore the tutors all give you their real life experience stories , you don't have to turn up to lectures or listen to the lectures online either, 95% of the stuff is from a textbook... so if ur not into textbook reading/summaries then don't do this course :)

assessment structure is ... one mid sem quiz (easy-ish), major assignment (report) and lil stuff like attendance, handing out surveys etc and then the final :)

No doubt you'll get rave reviews of psychopathology by mj and cyan :p (they've got me putting that into my program now).

I heard the learning one is hard-ish ... rage against bos might wanna say a few more things about this course.

Jamie loves his development subject i think
We're all pretty much doing the social ones, next semester.

Again welcome to BOS :D :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
yay its my mentee!!!!!!

It good to see that your using this forum. see how fast you get replies!!! :)

Clairegirl pretty much introduced you to all the 3rd year psych people, plus there are quite a few 2nd and 3rd year psych students too. Were you interested in knowing psych units for next semester or this one too? because if you want to know about 1st sem 3rd year subs, then i can definitely help you on that! (and the others can talk about these courses too) - i might have mistaken you on the emails (that you wanted to know about 2nd semester courses only - which i hadnt done yet).

Anywayz. as clairegirl said, its good to see another psych student at BOS!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
is anyone doing psy334 nxt semester? let us know how it goes, cheers

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
334 is social, yeah? Steve and I are doing it next semester because we're social fanatics! I love it so, so much!!

Welcome to BoS Vick86! :) I'd stay longer to write a decent reply, but I'm supposed to be working on a property law assignment thats due tomorrow :( The only input I can offer is that you have to choose something you're interested in. For me, my electives just clicked (I knew what I wanted to do since first year). I'm currently doing 306 Psychopathology which can only be described as awesome! I've learnt so much, and its great to 'diagnose' people, and there are just so many interesting facts and figures, and watching people with these disorders in interviews... Its just amazing how different, psychologically, the human race really is.

vick86

HSC
Hey Everyone,

Thanz heaps for the introduction it was great to get all your support... I hope to meet you all possibly next semester as being a transfer student going straight into third year is a little more difficult in fitting in.

Neways I am looking to do the Social unit and 332 next semester (hopefully) considering I pass 237 which is sooo hard. And thanx for the advice on psychopathology I hope to do that next year as well as the new Applied Child Psychology in first semester next year. I've added a Dip Ed to my degree so I will be at uni for a while =(, damn educational psychology requirements

Oh and thanx can pheonix for filling me in on this site its awesome!

Victoria

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
vick86 said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanz heaps for the introduction it was great to get all your support... I hope to meet you all possibly next semester as being a transfer student going straight into third year is a little more difficult in fitting in.

Neways I am looking to do the Social unit and 332 next semester (hopefully) considering I pass 237 which is sooo hard. And thanx for the advice on psychopathology I hope to do that next year as well as the new Applied Child Psychology in first semester next year. I've added a Dip Ed to my degree so I will be at uni for a while =(, damn educational psychology requirements

Oh and thanx can pheonix for filling me in on this site its awesome!

Victoria
HAHAHAH 237!! lol omg you pooor thing! I think mj and i can vouch for how hard that friggen subject is!! ... although you do have skittled and cyan phoenix to help you out, who ended up getting awsome grades... and actually "loved it" :S:S... I on the other hand only ended up with 59 and hated peter wenderoth with a passion! LOL so if your struggling as I was.. i suggest you focus more of your effort on understanding the cognitive side of the course. Or you could ask cyan for his notes :p ... thats how i managed to pass the mid sem :p

vick86

HSC
Its great to know there have been 'real' people in my position and not just the hypothetical ones Peter mentions in lectures. He knows alot but tries to teach undergrads abit more then they shoud have to know.

Cyan and Skittled if you guys have any advice on how to study to pass this unit it would be much appreciated!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)