3U not counting despite scaling? (Curiosity killed this cat) (1 Viewer)

britaker

HSC
Hello everyone,

Er, without any better way of asking, how badly can one do at 3U and have it still count? I've done the majority of my subjects (last one is English Extension I on Thursday) and genuinely feel like I failed extension maths so badly it won't count. Yet I've been told by pretty much everyone I know "no, no, it will, it SCALES soooo well, it'll definitely count"

My internal rankings for my subjects are;

English Advanced: 2nd or 3rd/~140 (around 60% of the year usually gets a band 6)
English Extension I: Top 5/~40 (60%)
English Extension II: 1/8 (60%)
Maths 2U: =18/~60 (40%)
Maths Extension I: 21/37 (50%)
Chemistry: 10th or 11th/39 (30%)
Biology: 9/~45 (25%)

(Most of these ranks are from memory so cohort size is approximate; statistics I got off the school's website lawl). Now for most of my subjects including 2U I'm feeling pretty confident despite what the rankings would say :lol: Mainly because I checked the 2U solutions and I lost maybe 6-7 marks, which is pretty good when you consider the fact I genuinely don't enjoy maths at all. And I, uh, didn't study for the trial as much as I should have, thus explaining my not-so-wonderful rank. :haha:

And now, (no judgement from all you 4uniters :p) after sitting the extension maths paper today, I know I skipped about 15 marks worth of questions and probably fudged like another 10 marks. Knowing my luck I'll probably get like 30/70. I uh... I mean surely the scaling can't be *that* good that it automatically cancels out another subject, like biology, which I know is lower scaling, but that I'm much better at?

tl;dr I honestly don't believe extension maths scales that well.

Thanks in advance,
Britaker :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I don't think it will count for you because your other subjects are much better in comparison. Like maybe it will scale well enough so it just misses out being counted in your ATAR by a few %s but you know yourself better than other people, so if you think it won't count, then it most likely won't (unless you got rekt in some other exams)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)