3u topics: whats hard? whats not? (1 Viewer)

kimii

UltimateMEMBER :D
HSC
Shady01 said:
Read the banner.....
im so sad.. i havent done 3d trig o_O??? am i missing out on an entire topic??????????????????????? O_O

P

pLuvia

You should have learnt in the trig topics, it is basically using applications of trig to solve things, not too difficult

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The good thing with 3D trig is that they usually follow a similar pattern:
Draw and label a diagram with the given information, derive trig expressions for the angles/sides, then usually use Pythagoras' Theorem to help find the height or distance of something. It can definitely be mastered by practising questions.

pennypacker

Walking on the moon
HSC
I agree with almost everyone here. The worst topics are perms and combs, binomial and circle geometry! For some reason they don't click with me :(

My favourite topics are trig and integration.

Cade

HSC
well for me i find SHM easy, coz i took physics too.Tho the formula used is a bit diff. I like trigonometry too. Its quite easy if we can imagine it,and draw it out correctly.If not,we're screwed.Permutations and combinations i don't quite like it.Its confusing at times.I mean who cares about the possibility of things like is it gonna rain or not today..

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For me:
Easiest:
- Trigonometry
- Integration
- Basic Arithmetic And Algebra (duh!)

Hardest:
- Probability (especially permutations/combination and binomial)
- Series Applications
- Applications Of Calculus To The Physical World

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
Circle geometry is only hard because there are so many proofs to remember and also you have to remember how to apply them. 3d trig isn't that hard if you CAN draw the driagrams correctly, otherwise its hard (i can never fully get them 100% drawn correctly).
Parametrics are easy, polynomials are easy except for newtons method. Thats all i've done so far (i'm preliminary).

_JONO_

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree that Newton's method is easy, just need to be careful when keying in the numbers on the calculator. :D

You can improve circle geometry by being very familiar with all the theorems, as well as doing as many different questions you can get your hands on.

If you think you're proficient with circle geometry, I dare you to try some circle geometry questions from a extension 2 past paper or textbook. ;)

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Perms&Combs are tough. Probability too
We havent done binomial theorem!?!? is this a problem?!
Also induction is hard.
Gah.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Bad stuff - binomial theorem (because I didn't actually work at all when we were doing it), 3U motion, bits of integration.

Good stuff - perms and combs (why does everyone find it so hard? I really love it), polynomials, parabolas, circle geometry.

GORDO1515

HSC
Most people seem to have trouble with binomial, I'm lucky i don't have any but i guess that is becuase my teacher in year 8 thought it would be a good idea to do it. Think its hard now imagine doing it in year 8.

i hate motion and proving stuff in geometry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)