4 days notification?!?!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Kaan709

HSC
My senior science teacher gave us our notification on an experiment. She told us that we needed to give a draft in 4 days, and it being 10 out of 30 marks for our final mark, so it is getting marked. After telling her that we needed two weeks, she refused, as did the head teacher. Also we are doing the practical for the experiment, which comprises of gathering data for out final report, and is 5 out of 30 marks for our final mark, and this is within the two weeks. Additionally, the experiment was flawed, and the teacher had to change it multiple times, as with the method, and our controlled variables.

Our class has finished gathering evidence, however we don't have accurate reliable data, and/or enough data. What should I do now? I've sent in an appeal to our Senior Panel, but am waiting for a reply. Should I ask my teacher for more time to gather evidence?
Thank you :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
Isn't it at least 2 weeks notif?

Kaan709

HSC
That's exactly what I said. But apparently senior science teachers are like the rest of the class. Should of stayed in chemistry tbh

si2136

HSC
N/A
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_assessment_policies/hsc_assessment_std_ref_fwk.html

When will each task be scheduled?

As a guide, at least two weeks' notice of the details of a task should be given, though longer may be appropriate in some instances (eg submission of a stage of a major project). Teachers must ensure that students have adequate time to prepare for the task.

What procedures are to be followed for:

Providing adequate notice for tasks?
In addition to the schedule of dates for assessment tasks, there must be provision for adequate notice of the precise timing of each assessment task. Generally, at least two weeks' notice of the details of a task should be given.

AKA a minimum of 2 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)