4 Unit English (1 Viewer)

4 Unit English

• Total voters

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What's the point of doing 4 unit English if you want to do something mathematical or scientific in uni? It's just extra stress and it's useless. Advanced is good enough.
Because... you like doing English stuff, perhaps?

I did EX2 and MX2 - and let me say it was nice to have a class where the answer wasn't black and white and there could be some interpretation and freedom to do stuff.

tarasomerville

HSC
I'd love to do EE2, but I have no idea what I'd do. A recent set text in Adv Eng was a verse novella about mental illness - something like that would be amazing for me to do. I love poetry. But a lot of people warn away from poetry. Because it doesn't have an obvious structure I guess.

What other types of projects can you do?

ashbee28

HSC
Maybe, depends how I go for the rest of the year. I really want to though! :)

Eg155

HSC
I completed EE2 this year. Its really not THAT hard. I did a short story... you just have to be consistent and watch your time... its daunting but heaps rewarding.

my advise would be to steer clear of poetry unless you know you're REALLY REALLY REALLY good! If poetry is what you wanna do, I'd suggest writing some before the course and asking teachers and even university professors/lecturers to read it and tell you whether or not its good enough. Its marked by university markers!

8000 words isn't as many as you'd think. Once you start writing it takes a lot of work to stop and edit.

The level of sophistication expected is pretty high, but my dad is a uni professor and he said that that doesn't mean a lot of ENORMOUS words, its more how you use and compose your words. Though, a few biggies here and there doesn't hurt ;)

Reflection is a bit of a bitch but you have everything you need for it in your journal. It's also awesome cause there is no exam ;D

I'd actually recommend this course, it's a lot of fun.

(please note: also a lot of work.)
Why do uni professors mark it? :S

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd love to do EE2, but I have no idea what I'd do. A recent set text in Adv Eng was a verse novella about mental illness - something like that would be amazing for me to do. I love poetry. But a lot of people warn away from poetry. Because it doesn't have an obvious structure I guess.

What other types of projects can you do?
You can do a radio drama, write some poetry, direct a film, perform poetry (i.e. record yourself speaking poetry)... lots of things. Just read the syllabus.

ClassOf2013

HSC
Nah i'm not picking it up. I'm really hating Extension 1, would drop it if it weren't for scaling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)