• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 Units Maths (1 Viewer)

the stresser

HSC
hello everybody. how r u all?

i heard from some of my friends that 4 units maths students always end getting a UAI of 90+.

is this true?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
No it is not true.

They do not always get it.

But usually those who believe they have the ability to do 4U maths and perform well in it tend to do well in their other subjects as well and receive a UAI greater than 90 as a result.

You need to perform well in all subjects in order to attain a 90+ UAI.

Winston

HSC
Nope... only like 4 - 5 ppl out of 15 people i think got over 90 in their UAI... 4 unit maths gurantees nothing if u suck at it... sorry to be blunt, but true, if ur in it for scaling then too bad it wont scale good if ur gonna do crap in it.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by the stresser
hello everybody. how r u all?

i heard from some of my friends that 4 units maths students always end getting a UAI of 90+.

is this true?
well i can say that many who get 90+ uai, do 4u maths- but it is not necessary (infact ppl. get 100 uai without 4u maths, or even extension subjects!) :)

Rahul

Dead Member
basically, if you do 4u, you have *some* intelligence. hence you will get decent uai [90+]. though it isnt directly related to getting a good uai. you have to work your ass off, no matter what. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
basically, if you do 4u, you have *some* intelligence. hence you will get decent uai [90+]. though it isnt directly related to getting a good uai. you have to work your ass off, no matter what. :)
yeah- and the contrary applies as well- i know, some one who got near mystery mark, and he did 4u maths as well. :D

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Numero Uno
theoretically that statement is incorrect

but yeah it depends how u go
why is it incorrect? "theoretically it probably aint gonna happen as if you were gonna obatin 30% u probably wouldnt select 4 unit" but it could be possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)