4 years jail for Murder (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
Uni student jailed for killing sister

A university student who armed herself with three knives before repeatedly stabbing her sister to death has been jailed for at least four years and three months.

Kathleen Worrall, now 22, told prison officers she thought her sister's gasping was feigned so she stabbed her again, saying, "You're faking it, stop faking it".

She told a psychiatrist that during the attack her sister said, "No Kathleen, I love you, I love you, please stop".

Worrall pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Susan Worrall, 18, who suffered more than 50 stab wounds, at the family home in Strathfield, in Sydney's west, on October 10, 2008.

The crown accepted the plea on the basis she was suffering from "an abnormality of the mind" - a mood disorder associated with her non-compliance with her medication regime.

The side-effects of the medication for her congenital disorder included a substantial increase in her weight.

She told a psychiatrist that as a 20-year-old she "looked like a Gladiator".

In the NSW Supreme Court on Friday, Justice Elizabeth Fullerton jailed Worrall for a minimum of four years three months and a maximum of six years.

Worrall wrote to the judge saying her sister had been her "best friend", they were like "two halves of a whole" and she felt unqualified love for her.

Justice Fullerton accepted Worrall, described by her mother as gentle and loving, was remorseful.

About a week before the stabbing, the sisters fought over a hair straightener.

On the day of the stabbing, Worrall armed herself with three knives before changing her mind twice about stabbing her.

But after she discovered her sister had changed the password on their computer, she grabbed her as she came out of the bathroom, repeatedly stabbing her.
Wtf, I don't give a shit if she is insane, keep her the fuck away from society.

AWAY BEHEMOTH LADY

Garygaz

HSC
btw her sister was babe, pity it couldn't have been the other way round, like a psychotic hot babe serial killer.

would definitely hit that

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
she's unstable

hahahahahahahahahahahahah who cares

gracee09

HSC
"an abnormality of the mind" - temporary insanity

bullshit defence. murder is murder.

bio_nut

HSC
wow...that cut me real deep.....
Someone tries to kill you. You fight back, accidentally killing them in the process.

Murder is murder?

Things aren't black and white, you idiot.

bio_nut

HSC
well i'm sorry for having a personal opinion
You made a stupid, uniformed, blanket statement. That's not the same as having an opinion on an issue.

You seem to know nothing about either mental illness and its capacity to affect cognitive functioning nor basic legal concepts.

Come back with an opinion when you're more informed.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
well i'm sorry for having a personal opinion
And your personal opinion is idiotic.

Murder isn't murder. This is why the legal system deals with these cases and not stupid opinionated 17 year olds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)