• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 yr old dies in disney world (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
its so fast that the Gforce physically restrains you- like the Hurricane ride, (might have seen it at the show or luna park etc.. ) it spins so fast that you cant move really at all .. thats what a heavy G Force does to you

Height restrictions on those kind of rides are sometimes ridiculous= I went to Disneyland in Paris and went on a rollercoaster- i was well within the height restrictions - and it did the whole corkscrew turns, and the massive dips etc... But i was moving around in my seat and my head banging around- i had to go and see the doc the next day for a minor neck injury.. Its really not height which matters on these rides= its the size and the way the seat/ saftey equipment is designed.. really not safe for a 4 year old let alone anyone tiny.

kaylz

HSC
I guess he died happy... it's like the ultimate place for a kid to die.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah the height restrictions can sometimes be really stupid.... like once we were in Queensland and my sister was about 7 at the time (but she is a bit short for her age) so she couldn't get on a few of the rides.... however once we saw this huge baby (they were wearing a diaper) get on a ride that my seven year old sister couldn't get on because of the height (and she was only just below the line, like a centimetre!) This giant baby was walking like babies walk and everything.... and it was a waterslide thing, if the kid fell out or anything happened, I highly doubt they would have been able to swim. Plus, they wouldn't have the same developed sense of "hold on" or "don't stick your arms out the side of the ride" which is also a safety factor.

Funnily enough we went back to the ride two hours later and my sister was allowed on.... she must have had a growth spurt.

I don't know what they had in the case at Disneyworld, but they should really have advisory signs telling people how scary the ride is, and how suitable it is for kids... because the height thing doesn't really tell people how scary it will be, and sometimes you can't see what the ride is like from the outside. I remember my brother and I went on a ride once when we were young kids and we were so so scared.... not fun scared, but absolutely shit scared because we didn't realize what the ride would be like.

But it is really sad for the family... there may have been something wrong health wise with the kid though. How sad.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i went on a ride called the ranger
kinda like the pirate ship
neways..i was seriously praying for my life and in tears
not coz it was scary etc..coz i was hitting my head and not secured properly and falling out
the pain..

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I was reading that article and after studying physics realised that centrifugal force doesn't exist.

Centrifugal force is that force you feel when you turn corners (like being thrown outta of your car). It's your own body's inertia when your undertaking centripetal motion. Therefore the baby's own weight force killed the baby, not the forced created by the ride.

So their law suit might not work.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
soha said:
i went on a ride called the ranger
kinda like the pirate ship
neways..i was seriously praying for my life and in tears
not coz it was scary etc..coz i was hitting my head and not secured properly and falling out
the pain..

i hate those rides, ive been on one where they strap you in so tight it kills the whole time, and i kept hitting my head as well

HSC
someone died on one of the rides at disneyland in Anaheim.. they actually fell out.. but i dunno how the law suit ended.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I remember some girls died on an accident at one of the shows out here. Fell out of the cage of that ride called the Zipper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)