40 year old virgin (1 Viewer)

Glenn198718

if anyone has seen this movie what do you all think of it and do you think it is worth going and seeing or not because i wanna get some opinions before i go

HSC
Glenn198718 said:
if anyone has seen this movie what do you all think of it and do you think it is worth going and seeing or not because i wanna get some opinions before i go
i've seen it. my friend has it on dvd - from overseas. i liked it, but i love silly little comedies. but yeah i thought it was funny.

iron yuppie

HSC
Hold on to your chairs, people. A sex comedy that's actually funny.

Unlike the appaling Deuce Bigalo, this one actually hasjokes, funny jokes in them. Watch for the waxing scene and the ending. Hilarious.
The makers also included something seldom featured in comedies: good characters. Instead of being 'joke maker #16' or 'person-who-gets-kicked-in-the-groin #564156746', the characters actually feel real, enhancing the whole thing. Although the performances aren't oscar worthy, they are still much better than most comedies and the overacting that they force-feed.
However, there are some sex jokes and terms that fly well over the heads of non-freaky audiences, but these are few and far between in this comedy that actually delivers on what it promises.

4 star.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I've heard its funny.

However, I also heard Moulin Rouge was a good flick before I saw that..

So I dont believe anything about movies anymore. :D The end.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
all i can say is:

99 percent of the first 15 mins i was laughing throughout the movie

60 percent of the entire movie i was laughing

definately recommended...

*points at a girls exposed g wen she bends over*
"theres something wrong with her panties"

ROFL!!!

oh and "hoe fo' sho' " bit LMAO!

Last edited:

capsicum

HSC
yes, a definite must see!

like already mentioned, it's hilarious! not only that, but it has good values and morals (which was surprising to me as i thought the movie was just gonna be one-dimensioned). however, it kind of goes overboard with explicit language (the swearing's neccessary for the jokes/laughter), but if you're cool with that then go for it!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i saw this last night, its hilarious!

oh the song at the end was so random, i was in tears it was so funny.
i definitely wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was, but i recommend you go see it

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
love this movie.. fkn hilarious. can't believe he had the waxing for real :/

emskis

i loved it! but then again i am a HUGE fan of anchorman and silly comedies like that, but i thought this was different. it had more to it and was actually a good story with believable and likeable characters.

and it didn't lack in the comedy either, which is wat i like!!! recommend it to anyone with a sense of humour!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
gee sounds good...
I might have to see it next week or something...after my maths exam...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
40 yr old virgin

just saw it,
it was very amusing

worth seeing for the crack ups in the cinema audience

special_k

HSC
What is wrong with all of you? It was terrible. I watched it last night. I actually made it through the entire film without cracking so much as a smile. Can't back up my argument right now - will later. Too tired. But it sucked royally.

capsicum :" yes, a definite must see!

like already mentioned, it's hilarious! not only that, but it has GOOD VALUES AND MORALS(which was surprising to me as i thought the movie was just gonna be one-dimensioned). however, it kind of goes overboard with explicit language (the swearing's neccessary for the jokes/laughter), but if you're cool with that then go for it!"

Sure. Don't do it before marriage, but it's totally okay to abuse alcohol and smoke pot.

Nelg

HSC
wow how is this i just got back from seeing this movie like 1hr ago with a friend it was so so great so bloddy funn the whole thing with him trying to put on the comdoms OMG the whole cinema was Laughing at it so so funny

HSC
Over rated. Didn't really enjoy it. I laughed in a few scenes, but the general concept, the general movie was a bore.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Bwhaha, it was hilarious... i was actually really surprised... i didnt expect that.
i LOVED the condom bit and the waxing... waxing is evil and hurts alot :(
i laughied so hard through that movie, it was great.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
special_k said:
What is wrong with all of you? It was terrible. I watched it last night. I actually made it through the entire film without cracking so much as a smile. Can't back up my argument right now - will later. Too tired. But it sucked royally.

Sure. Don't do it before marriage, but it's totally okay to abuse alcohol and smoke pot.
Yes. It was the worst movie i have seen in my entire life. (and i work at a cinema!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)