• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

42 hours (1 Viewer)

HSC
god... the exams that I thought I'd go really crap at I went like really good and the ones I thought I aced I went horribly bad!

gleeek

HSC
Day 1 complete. Walked into period one, where our room looked like a car crash. Our sub said "this is a symbol for your lives til the end of next year" :p Apart from that, HSC is looking good! Wasn't overly happy with my prelim results, with legal as the exception <3

How was your first day everyone?

pHyRe

HSC
Pretty good! got good teachers, and tonnes of frees too which means 8:20 wakeup tomorrow as I have a free first up :D

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Pretty good! got good teachers, and tonnes of frees too which means 8:20 wakeup tomorrow as I have a free first up :D
You swap teachers for year 12? My school keeps the same for year 11 & 12

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
You guys get to come late when you have a free first?
So jelly.

We still have to come for tutor group (roll call) even though we have roll call every lesson :/
But we can leave early considering we get a note. yay

ayeplus_

HSC
First day was great. Not bad at all, except our new timetables are effective as of week 4 meaning we can't drop until then.
And the principal will be interviewing us regarding our subjects and dropping.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
It should include homework since you don't actually have to do the homework.

Too many people do homework for the sake of it/'because everyone does it'.

Homework is meant for consolidating your knowledge - if you can do that in 5 questions rather than 10, then that's your homework.

You should be setting your own homework - do however much is satisfactory for you and then study another subject or move on to the next concept/next part of the course (or past papers).
+1

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
A few things I recommend ALL students to know/learn:
1. Know the verbs required - at least evaluate, assess, discuss, explain, describe and identify.
2. Learn to answer the question.
3. Learn to be able to take constructive criticism.
4. Know your personal style of studying. For me, it was discussing a topic which I used friends to do and even BOS.
5. Pay attention in class, it's possible to top a class for most assessments just by listening in class.
6. Learn self-control and to put everything in moderation - this does NOT mean that you only study. I've said before, 1-2 hours extra per night is fine.
7. Learn to make realistic goals (don't aim for 99.95 when you can't top almost all your subjects at school).
8. Know that there's other pathways to where you want to go - you have more than one chance and life is a game with more than one health.
9. Don't be disheartened by underachieving in some assessments - okay, you can be angry if you teachers do stupid things - but otherwise, just remember that you can always smash the next one.

gleeek

HSC
A few things I recommend ALL students to know/learn:
1. Know the verbs required - at least evaluate, assess, discuss, explain, describe and identify.
2. Learn to answer the question.
3. Learn to be able to take constructive criticism.
4. Know your personal style of studying. For me, it was discussing a topic which I used friends to do and even BOS.
5. Pay attention in class, it's possible to top a class for most assessments just by listening in class.
6. Learn self-control and to put everything in moderation - this does NOT mean that you only study. I've said before, 1-2 hours extra per night is fine.
7. Learn to make realistic goals (don't aim for 99.95 when you can't top almost all your subjects at school).
8. Know that there's other pathways to where you want to go - you have more than one chance and life is a game with more than one health.
9. Don't be disheartened by underachieving in some assessments - okay, you can be angry if you teachers do stupid things - but otherwise, just remember that you can always smash the next one.
Thank youuuuu!

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol you guys make it out like the HSC is the end of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)