4u English / Modern History / Legal Studies / Drama (1 Viewer)

05er

HSC
4u English / Modern History / Legal Studies / Drama/ All 2U Maths

As of next year I will be tutoring in Syd city for:

Advanced English:

- All AOS
- Transformations
- Critical Study of Text
- Telling The Truth

English Extension 1:

- All creative
- Genre

English Extension 2:

- Internal assessment
- Drafting external

Modern History:

- World War I
- Russia; Trotsky and the WenchyWenchy Zhenotdel girl
- IndoChina

Legal Studies:

- Law and Justice
- Human Rights
- Crime
- All options

Drama:

- Theory (All theory)
- Individual
- Group Work

Maths:

- General, and
- Advanced​

With a developed, need-specific approach to tutoring and an ability to integrate both my own and student's material into lessons which are both topical and developed - encouraging the student to transcend associated knowledge and to study cognitively. Students will also be able to contact me at any time of the day for any queries they may have.

I'll be tutoring out of the biggest library in the southern hemisphere (USyd, of course) and my rates will be...equitable.

PM or leave me a message for more details.

Last edited:

adriana_t28

HSC
heyy

hey my name is adriana, im sitting the hsc next yr and just read your post. im interested in a tutor for 2 unit advancd and 3 unit english.
anyway, here's my email - adriana_t28@hotmail.com. if you're interested in tutoring for me, email me and i'll let you know all the details of what we're covering in school and all the specifics you need to know :)
hope to hear from you soon :)

*adriana*

L

LaraB

uh...05er - wouldn't it make sense to wait til you actually got your HSC results before you start 'advertising'..

same goes to those wanting tutors - wouldn't you rather wait til after hsc results came out since that seems to be the 1st thing i get asked about by kids i tutor....

Alimoe_KG

HSC
That's wrong since the hsc results doesn't reflect your actual skills and capabilities and what you have to offer.

Someone smart with incredibly good ideas and concepts could still get pwned in the HSC if they're lazy and they don't study. But that doesn't mean they can't provide these ideas and concepts to their students, who with a bit of hard work, can attain much higher results.

A friend of mine got a UAI of 97 when he should have gotten 99.6 at least had he studied during the Stuvac period instead of watching Korean sitcoms.

So no.

wah

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
That's wrong since the hsc results doesn't reflect your actual skills and capabilities and what you have to offer.

Someone smart with incredibly good ideas and concepts could still get pwned in the HSC if they're lazy and they don't study. But that doesn't mean they can't provide these ideas and concepts to their students, who with a bit of hard work, can attain much higher results.

A friend of mine got a UAI of 97 when he should have gotten 99.6 at least had he studied during the Stuvac period instead of watching Korean sitcoms.

So no.
Anyone could easily say that they could obtain an UAI of 100 if they worked harder *rolls eyes*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
May I ask Gavrillo/Meldrum/05er, how you covered so many electives in Extension 1 English that you are able tutor for all Extension 1 creative pieces and for all the electives in genre? And did you drop from 2 unit math to general so that you know both syllabi?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All Legal options? There are quite a few, do you know them all in depth and have had your knowledge tested within assesments?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
wah said:
Anyone could easily say that they could obtain an UAI of 100 if they worked harder *rolls eyes*
But not anyone can actually prove it. Such as...during a tutoring session. So it's a different thing between talking the talk and walking the walk isn't it?

Why the hell is everyone hammering 05er. If you want to be tutored by him, than get tutored by him. If you don't want to, than go to someone else. Why the hell are you all questioning him on his depth of knowledge and all that crap.

If he's shit and doesn't know anything, it'll be evident during the tutoring, and you can get up leave.

L

LaraB

Airness said:

So no.
b4 you bitch and whinge try reading and UNDERSTANDING what i wrote

i said it would make sens to wait til hsc results come out since that's all otehr students seem concerned about..

i didn't say that's what i thought, i didn't say it was right so get over it and don't read crap into my posts that i didn't say and clearly didn't mean.

oh yeah - i got 98.4 but i so shoulda gotten 100 :rolleyes: what a load of crap... i mean.. i've gotten nothing less than a Distinction this semester and have an average of 85 atm so i could argue that since i'm killing uni atm i shoulda gotten 100 but i don't say that coz its a load of shit

you get what you should get... unless you wanna redo it again no one has any justification in saying the 'should've' gotten a higher UAI

students don't just want to know what the syllabus means and what they should know.. they also want help with how to study and if you didn't study yourself your knowledge will mean shit all coz you have no 1st hand experience as to whether it works or not..

no one was hammering the original post.. it was just a comment i made as far as it may not be as useful advertising now since most kids don't care bout anything but your UAI and/or uni marks...

L

LaraB

Rafy said:
All Legal options? There are quite a few, do you know them all in depth and have had your knowledge tested within assesments?
yeah good point... a 2nd year on LLB student may be able to claim that but i mean... there's a lot of content there...

i did family n global environment at school... doing Law and business at uni so i tutor family, global, workplace and world order but would never tutor indigenous, shelter or technological change (at least til i covered it at uni) coz i don't know em in enough depth

sure you can still help with writing style etc and read over a syllabus, but laws change and you may be totally wrong in your interpretation of the content and end up screwin your 'tutee' over inadvertantly...

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
LaraB said:
b4 you bitch and whinge try reading and UNDERSTANDING what i wrote

i said it would make sens to wait til hsc results come out since that's all otehr students seem concerned about..

i didn't say that's what i thought, i didn't say it was right so get over it and don't read crap into my posts that i didn't say and clearly didn't mean.

oh yeah - i got 98.4 but i so shoulda gotten 100 :rolleyes: what a load of crap... i mean.. i've gotten nothing less than a Distinction this semester and have an average of 85 atm so i could argue that since i'm killing uni atm i shoulda gotten 100 but i don't say that coz its a load of shit

you get what you should get... unless you wanna redo it again no one has any justification in saying the 'should've' gotten a higher UAI

students don't just want to know what the syllabus means and what they should know.. they also want help with how to study and if you didn't study yourself your knowledge will mean shit all coz you have no 1st hand experience as to whether it works or not..

no one was hammering the original post.. it was just a comment i made as far as it may not be as useful advertising now since most kids don't care bout anything but your UAI and/or uni marks...

you got 98.4 and went to uws? wtf?!?!?!

L

LaraB

sikeveo said:
you got 98.4 and went to uws? wtf?!?!?!
the fact that you wrote that shows just how shallow an understanding of uni you have....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)