4u exam (1 Viewer)

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
Hi guys, I am quite stressed right now. I had my first 4u exam and I think I lost quite a few marks. I did past papers and I was finishing them within 20-30 minutes but in the actual test, I couldn't finish on time. I also made mistakes throughout the paper and I am worried that I will do bad. What scares me more is that apparently the bottom 15-20 people get dropped from 4u. I am also worried that I won't be able to make a comeback from this? Someone pls help me out.

idkkdi

HSC
Hi guys, I am quite stressed right now. I had my first 4u exam and I think I lost quite a few marks. I did past papers and I was finishing them within 20-30 minutes but in the actual test, I couldn't finish on time. I also made mistakes throughout the paper and I am worried that I will do bad. What scares me more is that apparently the bottom 15-20 people get dropped from 4u. I am also worried that I won't be able to make a comeback from this? Someone pls help me out.
focus on your other exams first, then get scared. You're going to waste a lot of valuable time if you fret.

are you actually in drop range is the main question.
otherwise it's all g as comeback is doable.

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
u should be fine mate. u did papers and finished 20-30 mins early. an off-day can't be bottom 15 off surely.
I finished 20 minutes early for the past papers not the actual exam just to clarify. I didn't finish.

icycledough

HSC
How would it work if students were dropped after having done 1 4U exam? So for example, if a student's subjects were 4U Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Advanced English, if they were to be dropped from 4U into 3U hypothetically, wouldn't that leave them with 9 units, thus, making them ineligible to receive an ATAR? Or am I missing something else here?

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
How would it work if students were dropped after having done 1 4U exam? So for example, if a student's subjects were 4U Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Advanced English, if they were to be dropped from 4U into 3U hypothetically, wouldn't that leave them with 9 units, thus, making them ineligible to receive an ATAR? Or am I missing something else here?
The school would not be able to make them drop. I guess, if you have more than 10 units, it applies.

icycledough

HSC
The school would not be able to make them drop. I guess, if you have more than 10 units, it applies.
Ah okay, that makes more sense. I've never heard of that concept before, as with our school, they based 4U entrance on Year 11 ranks for Extension 1, where it was the top 120 students who were allowed to do 4U (with some leeway to maybe 125 if people didn't want to do 4U).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)