4U Maths or not? (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
Probably because a vast majority of people on BOS are male,so people assume especially if you don't have your Gender set as female

People may think your subjects are traditionally 'male' orientated subjects so make automatic judgement based on that.

I'd say try 4u but only if you legitimately start putting a lot of effort into maths,and attempt to catch up.
Goodluck
yes right now i'm doing my maths homework while silently cursing myself because I didn't start earlier. meh, I shouldn't worry about the past, I'll give it all I got

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If comp1917 is taking a lot of time, then it would be reasonable to assume that 4U maths is not going to be a great idea because even more time that might be imaginary to you :p

If anyone cares; the life of Squar3root: 1917 did take a lot of time for me so I moved to 1911. Currently have intentions to move to aerospace and maybe dropping science.
Where will Squar3root go? What decision will he make?

Stay tuned

matchalolz

HSC
If comp1917 is taking a lot of time, then it would be reasonable to assume that 4U maths is not going to be a great idea because even more time that might be imaginary to you :p

If anyone cares; the life of Squar3root: 1917 did take a lot of time for me so I moved to 1911. Currently have intentions to move to aerospace and maybe dropping science.
Where will Squar3root go? What decision will he make?

Stay tuned
haha lol someone who knows what the course is! i originally found it so hard to balance my time, but HS1917 is only for one uni semester so it's over in two weeks and i thought there's actually no point in dropping out now, i even passed the prac prac exam. I guess it was a pretty stupid decision to take on such a challenge but hey, i survived and i learnt so much from it :p is 1911 considerably easier than 1917?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
haha lol someone who knows what the course is! i originally found it so hard to balance my time, but HS1917 is only for one uni semester so it's over in two weeks and i thought there's actually no point in dropping out now, i even passed the prac prac exam. I guess it was a pretty stupid decision to take on such a challenge but hey, i survived and i learnt so much from it :p is 1911 considerably easier than 1917?
I wanted to do it but didn't have $300 :(

Over in 2 weeks?? First 2 weeks, I barely slept lol.

Yes 1911 is sooo much easier, absolutely no hard stuff to do. The hardest program I had to write was to find matches in a txt file

matchalolz

HSC
I wanted to do it but didn't have $300 :(

Over in 2 weeks?? First 2 weeks, I barely slept lol.

Yes 1911 is sooo much easier, absolutely no hard stuff to do. The hardest program I had to write was to find matches in a txt file
first 2 weeks i didn't manage to do anything because of school, and I was really embarrassed because when I went to tute I couldn't do anything! but i wanted to prove all those guys wrong who questioned what a girl like me was even doing in the course. so true though, once i stayed up so late watching lectures X.X

did you have any previous programming experience? because I didn't and I swear I got scammed because i thought i remembered reading that no programming experience was required, and when i got there it's like lies, lies, all of them

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Wow that's wicked

How are you doing a segment of a uni course already?

matchalolz

HSC

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
first 2 weeks i didn't manage to do anything because of school, and I was really embarrassed because when I went to tute I couldn't do anything! but i wanted to prove all those guys wrong who questioned what a girl like me was even doing in the course. so true though, once i stayed up so late watching lectures X.X

did you have any previous programming experience? because I didn't and I swear I got scammed because i thought i remembered reading that no programming experience was required, and when i got there it's like lies, lies, all of them
Yes I believe you. I remember Richard saying lectures will.be released on Friday and you have to watch them before Mondays lecture so I spent my wold weekend watching 5 hours of computing lectures to be prepared for Mondays lecture. Got to admit the Wednesday one was good where they talk about anything.

Those guys questioning you would have been like "is she lost or something" I've seen the CSE basement and 90+% of the time is the average white male playing a video game lol

And the previous programming part, everyone around me was like what languages do you know, and people were coding in ruby, python, java and I'm just there like what does #include <stdio.h> mean? I shit you not, one of the first lab exercises, I just got my code barely working and my lab partner had it working in 3 different languages. No previous experience my ass

matchalolz

HSC
Yes I believe you. I remember Richard saying lectures will.be released on Friday and you have to watch them before Mondays lecture so I spent my wold weekend watching 5 hours of computing lectures to be prepared for Mondays lecture. Got to admit the Wednesday one was good where they talk about anything.

Those guys questioning you would have been like "is she lost or something" I've seen the CSE basement and 90+% of the time is the average white male playing a video game lol

And the previous programming part, everyone around me was like what languages do you know, and people were coding in ruby, python, java and I'm just there like what does #include <stdio.h> mean? I shit you not, one of the first lab exercises, I just got my code barely working and my lab partner had it working in 3 different languages. No previous experience my ass
HAHAHA so true!!! i remember I couldn't even write an 'if' statement and i had semicolons and curly brackets all over the place, my tutor was like "um... did you watch the lectures?" and i was like hah nup ^^

I get those guys now though, i mean a girl with no programming experience is like what the heck are you doing here lady, and also, i think they were judging me really badly because I take no science subjects as well aha. I understand their view but i'm also living proof of having survived this course with no previous experience! now there's only the final exam left which I hopefully won't fail

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHA so true!!! i remember I couldn't even write an 'if' statement and i had semicolons and curly brackets all over the place, my tutor was like "um... did you watch the lectures?" and i was like hah nup ^^

I get those guys now though, i mean a girl with no programming experience is like what the heck are you doing here lady, and also, i think they were judging me really badly because I take no science subjects as well aha. I understand their view but i'm also living proof of having survived this course with no previous experience! now there's only the final exam left which I hopefully won't fail
My friends in 1917 are saying the practice exams are not challenging (they are but...) moreso long and complicated. If you've been watching the lecture stuff and all you should be fine. Iirc, Richard said he doesn't like failing people but if you can write a decent C program in the hour or so, then you should be fine

In my previous tutorial, there were 2 girls in our class (aside from the fact that they were mystical creatures) they were sadly looked down upon for whatever reason

britaker

HSC
If you're capable of doing 4U then by all means pick it up. I technically had the marks to (my school wanted >75% and I was averaging 78%) but with that said I find 3U enough of a hell as it is and if you don't *really like* maths, I wouldn't recommend it. I've heard enough horror stories from my friends doing 4U.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Wow, I was in the same situation with you in Yr11. I got 52% for my course mark for 3U and standing nearly at the bottom in class:(. My friends kept telling me 4U would kill my ATAR cause I sucked at Maths but my teacher encouraged me to try 4U. I got into the course and I started to be serious with Maths from that time. Now I shit on the whole class trollface.jpg. I felt no regret with my decision:haha:.
Anyway tbh, don't hesitate to try 4U. DO NOT trust your friend as they might haven't done 4U yet (i'm serious). You'll learn new cool tricks and questions that helps you excel in 3U. It is a rewarding subject, yes, and to be rewarded you gotta study hard to get it.
So if you're intend to do the course. Here's my advices:
-Spend 50% of your study time for 4U
-Have a solid 3U and 2U basic knowledge (especially polynomial, trig and 3U algebra)
-Trust yourself
-Do past papers
-If you pass the first test without any helps from tutor.WELCOME TO MATHS EXTENSION 2 FAMILY:hug2:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)