4U State Rank/Olympiad Medallist Maths Tutoring - North Shore (1 Viewer)

johnpap

HSC
Hi everyone!

My name’s John Papantoniou and I’m offering group and individual mathematics tutoring for the HSC, IB and anyone younger looking to do extension work or prepare for maths competitions.

To start with some background information - I graduated from Sydney Grammar back in 2012, and I’ve just finished my first year of studying undergraduate maths at the University of Cambridge in England.

My competition/exam/uni history and teaching experience is as follows:

HSC:

1st in Sydney Grammar 4U internal 2012 (Assessment marks of 70/70, 53/55 and 97/100)

4th in the state for 4U mathematics 2012

99 in 4U/3U maths in 2012 HSC

Competitions:

Selected to represent Australia at the International Mathematical Olympiad in 2012 in Argentina
Bronze medal at the International Mathematics Olympiad
Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals in the Australian Mathematical Olympiad
Honourable Mention in the Asia-Pacific Mathematical Olympiad
1st Place in the 2012 UNSW mathematics competition Senior Division
High Distinctions in both the AIMO and AMOC senior contest
Several prizes in the Australian Mathematics competition 

Teaching:

Approximately 18 months of private tutoring experience

Taught Olympiad maths class for 6 months at Sydney Grammar

Worked as a year 12 mentor for Sydney Grammar

6 months as a classroom assistant at schools in England part time - including 3 months helping with a final year IB class

University Results:

High Distinctions in 1st and 2nd year maths subjects at USyd back in Sem 1 of 2013

Received a grade of First Class in 1st year of Cambridge maths

As for why I think I’d be a good tutor - I have a huge amount of enthusiasm for my subject seeing as it is my degree, which means I’m more than happy to answer questions and help students solve problems outside of the actual time I spend tutoring. I’ve got a depressing amount of maths books lying around my room and have probably done upwards of 100 3+ hour maths exams in my life - so if you’re looking for certain types of questions or worried about exam technique problems I may well own a book that helps or have dealt with exactly the same problem myself. Finally, I’ve spent a lot of time in the last year volunteering in schools specifically to try and improve myself as a teacher - and having dealt with kids from age 10 to 18 teaching maths, science and even debating I’m confident I can find a way to help most students.

All that said - I’ll be working mainly on the North Shore since I live in Roseville (Willing to travel to libraries etc. if there are enough people). I can’t really quote a fixed price at the moment since in the past I’ve had lots of different kinds of students and it’s sort of dishonest to charge the same amount to everyone when some things are much easier to teach - but if you’re interested my contact details are as follows:

Phone: 0438 977 227

Email: johnpap1994@hotmail.com

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Cambridge OMFG!!!!!

Without haven't met the guy, he seems like he would be an awesome tutor

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Omg this is exactly what I needed last year :(

Nazy

HSC
Hey :) I've been looking for a Maths tutor... Congratulations on your achievements

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Vouching for John - his achievements are not merely maths related, he is a great chess player, good at debating and a friendly and pretty cool guy overall.

He definitely is one of the freaker people Ive seen at maths too, and believe me I have met a lot of maths beasts in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Cambridge OMFG!!!!!

Without haven't met the guy, he seems like he would be an awesome tutor
Talking of Maths at Cambridge, very few people here are aware that the current Prime Minister of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong, the son of Lee Kuan Yew, was the Senior Wrangler in 1973. Bet most of you don't even know what a Senior Wrangler is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)