4U Trial Exam (1 Viewer)

Nelly

Post all your comments about your 4U trial here.

We did ours today, MUCH easier than expected. woohoo :p

Ozz^E

U did urs today! Which one was that...does ur school do their own. Im doin the CSSA one next monday (12th). Hope its not toooo hard!

:( :( :( :(

Nelly

Our teacher made ours, so he put questions which he specifically likes. And i noted the questions that he liked, and studied those. PAYED OFF BIG TIME

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
aww man!

I got cssa next week too
its bluddy hard compared to all the other trials ive done
i can only do like 3/4

Ozz^E

I reckon. The CSSA trial does seem harder then most, well at least harder then the hsc. Last yr was pretty challenging. Btw just for the record: the cssa trial is set by the authors of CAMBRIDGE 4 unit: graham and Denise Arnold...so itll be good if u used their book through the yr.

I dont get y the make the trial harder then the HSC. Like last yr CSSA trial even question ONE!! was challenging, the last part of it, same with two.

anywayz..goodluck.

:D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
wouldnt it be better if trial exams were harder than the HSC?
coz since u've faced an already challenging exam, when u sit for the actual HSC exam, u'd feel more confident since it'd seem easier than the trial

thats wat ive always thought anyway

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye, but cambridge is also written by arnold and arnold.

hmm... ozz^e, didnt know arnold arnold wrote the cssa. Maybe i should do those further questions again. They're bluddy hard too.

Nelly

Arnold is good for Conics, but Excel is best for the rest, such as Compex numbers, etc.

starzz

bout cssa trial

well at least you guys know which test ur going to do.. our teacher won't tell us (apparently she wants it to be a surprise - like the HSC). but i heard the CSSA 2002 one will follow similar pattern as last yr's CSSA one. hopefully that helps.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
well technically my teacher wont tell us either, but she keeps telling us to do some past cssa paper, so that's a huge hint.
Plus since cssa is the hardest, if ur prepared 4 that, ur basically prepared for everything.

Nelly, i dont like cambridge at all...
i fink fitz is better that explaining
cambridge doesnt set the question up with a, b, c, so u dont have a lead. But the questions are pretty challenging, so dats ok. I reckon cambridge is too cramped.

mkogan

we r also doing CSSA, they are preatty hard. I would say harder then the HSC. Especcially 1996 CSSA, hardest 4 unit test I've done!!!!

sango

HSC
i've already done my 4 unit trial and it was ok...
i've done the CSSA trials and they were impossibly hard but not as hard as the james ruse 94 or something.. and the cranbrook trials (especially 2000 and 2001) are pretty hard in comparison..

the sydney grammar 4 unit stuff is quite challenging due to Dr Pender (who wrote the horribly impossible 3 unit CAMBRIDGE book with stuff which aren't in the course) and i find coroneos quite good for 4 unit.. some parts are bit outdated but it's quite good on integration. The fitzpatrick 4 unit book is also good...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I've completed all my trials (we did the independant ones). Got my 4 unit back and scored 78% for the independant trial.

SupaGloo

(apparently she wants it to be a surprise - like the HSC
Thats complete and utter bs. Knowing what paper you will be doing will reflect the HSC more.
1 - u know who's setting hsc rite? board of studies... ie... study with past board of studies paper (hsc papers)

therefore... knowing who set ur trials? eg: CSSA... ie...study with past CSSA papers

if u dont know whos setting... that like implying the hsc is not set by the board of studies

all in the context of that quote of course

tell her to kiss her own a**

bobby

Reply to Arnold Story

===========Original Message======
-=MLhtʻ=-

ye, but cambridge is also written by arnold and arnold.
==============================

Just wannna to clarify this, Cambridge and Arnald and arnald is the same book except for one has a blue cover and one has a cover that closely resembles the cover for (general maths)-- From a distance.. ahem....just noticed that recently,

and why does everybody say that Fitzy Patrick is heaps harder than Arnald? i just find Fitzy have tooooo much questions that its not worth the time doing them all, and Arnald's book (even though ppl stopped publishing the worked solution for them all ) quite interesting, with fine workload, but somequestion you just don't get....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)