4U Tutoring Options (1 Viewer)

zdf

HSC
Hi,

I currently go to Ngo and Sons for 3U and 4U tutoring. Since 4U requires alot of effort and is comparatively harder than most other subjects, what do you guys think about me joining a second tutoring centre? I live around the Cabramatta region so I was looking at either joining Focus College in addition or otherwise, finding a private tutor. I'm not sure it is worth it getting a second tutor or if 1 is sufficient.

Thoughts?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hi,

I currently go to Ngo and Sons for 3U and 4U tutoring. Since 4U requires alot of effort and is comparatively harder than most other subjects, what do you guys think about me joining a second tutoring centre? I live around the Cabramatta region so I was looking at either joining Focus College in addition or otherwise, finding a private tutor. I'm not sure it is worth it getting a second tutor or if 1 is sufficient.

Thoughts?
1 should be enough just do heaps of practice papers and reflect on how to improve your method regarding approaching questions.

zdf

HSC
1 should be enough just do heaps of practice papers and reflect on how to improve your method regarding approaching questions.
I currently go to Truongs and was considering going to Focus. Focus has already finished 3 4U topics whereas at Truongs, we're only a couple weeks into the first week. Do you think it would be better for me to stay at Truongs rather than transfer to Focus (if I were to only to go to 1 tutor).

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I currently go to Truongs and was considering going to Focus. Focus has already finished 3 4U topics whereas at Truongs, we're only a couple weeks into the first week. Do you think it would be better for me to stay at Truongs rather than transfer to Focus (if I were to only to go to 1 tutor).
I know someone who went Truongs and he said it's really good + he got really high in 4u + it's cheap so should be fine!

Reactions: zdf

rohankk_

HSC
I reckon 1 tutor would be enough, just spend the rest of your time grinding out questions - Advanced mathematics by terry lee is a really good textbook for 4u questions.

Reactions: zdf

juniormaths

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Thoughts?
Hi zdf,
I recommend staying at Truongs, I use to go there, and I've been around the tutoring centers "near" Cabramatta already.

Peak Maths - Was standard and very average. They don't teach you much, and I was very confused XD.
Focus - Jimmy is a good teacher, but the level he teaches is no where close Mr Mai ( i never had Dr Ngo, but from the things Mr Mai said about him, Dr Ngo is pretty amazing too?)
Matrix - Just gives you awesome textbooks, tbh, i didn't even touch it? By awesome, i meant it looks pretty cute, HAHA

Truongs was so good to me, my little sister goes there now, even though she might not get the main teachers, my sister said the teachers are really smart, and i think that's really important in 4u.

Please remember, that 4U maths has to do with self learning and self confidence as well. There is so much ANY tutor can help you, but seeing how many Top kids go to Ngo and Sons, you can say its a safe bet.

I don't recommend going to more than 1 tutor, i did that, and everything took its toll.

Sarah.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)