6 Mark Question (1 Viewer)

SeanOng

HSC
What are the potential dot points which could be tested as a 5-6 marker response in Production of Materials?

Jolteon

HSC
I have my half yearlies coming up soon as well and I'm keeping an eye out for these dotpoints in particular.

1.6 – Outline the steps in the production of polyethylene as an example of a commercially and industrially important polymer
[This might not be a 5/6 marker but possibly a 4 marker depending on school]

3.8 – Assess the potential of ethanol as an alternative fuel and discuss the advantages and disadvantages for its use
I feel as though big topics with 'assess' have potential to be 5/6 markers

4.9 – Gather and present information on the structure and chemistry of a lead-acid cell and evaluate it in comparison to the button cell in terms of:
 Chemistry
 Cost
 Practicality
 Impact on society
 Environmental impact

5.5, 5.6 – Industrial & medicinal radioisotope
[This one is definitely a heavy marker if assessed so be sure to review]

I'm not too experienced and I could be wrong but hope this helps!

horse9996

HSC
Biopolymers and the need for alternatives to ethylene for the petrochemical industry can also be asked. I agree with the above stuff, I've seen lots of qs about the potential of ethanol as an alternative fuel

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Comparing polyethylene and polystyrene or PVC etc can be a common 4 marker, if not 5 marks.
Calculations involving mass changes or finding the volume of something are typically 3-4 marks as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)