~60 atar (1 Viewer)

matt flyn

HSC
i have no idea how atar works
i go to mackillop college port macquarie
what does it take to get a 60 atar like bruh

HSC
N/A
Not much actually, you just have to pass/get average marks in most of your exams/assessments.

YonOra

HSC
There is no mark or percentage you want to aim for. No such thing.

You want to secure the best rank possible. For a 60ATAR, at a school ranked around 200, you'd want to be in the upper average end of your cohort.

Plenty of study tips on this site, and threads that explain scaling amazingly.

But in short to answer your question, If your cohort has a higher % of Distinguished Achievers, your internal mark should end up being higher.
I'll try and say this simply:
Your INTERNAL mark for your atar is the HSC mark (external exam) that your rank yields. So say you rank 7th in your cohort for english, you get the 7th highest HSC mark for your internal mark (and ofc your HSC mark is your own). So naturally, if your cohort is smarter, and they achieve higher marks on the HSC exam, you'll do better.

But really don't worry. Doesn't matter what school you go to. If you gun it and rank 1st (just say), and smash the HSC, you'll be sweet as.

Also, if you're wanting a 60ATAR, don't aim for it, aim higher. People rarely achieve the mark they want in the HSC.

YonOra

HSC
Drop your subjects, if we align i'll send you some resources.

HSC
N/A
There is no mark or percentage you want to aim for. No such thing.

You want to secure the best rank possible. For a 60ATAR, at a school ranked around 200, you'd want to be in the upper average end of your cohort.

Plenty of study tips on this site, and threads that explain scaling amazingly.

But in short to answer your question, If your cohort has a higher % of Distinguished Achievers, your internal mark should end up being higher.
I'll try and say this simply:
Your INTERNAL mark for your atar is the HSC mark (external exam) that your rank yields. So say you rank 7th in your cohort for english, you get the 7th highest HSC mark for your internal mark (and ofc your HSC mark is your own). So naturally, if your cohort is smarter, and they achieve higher marks on the HSC exam, you'll do better.

But really don't worry. Doesn't matter what school you go to. If you gun it and rank 1st (just say), and smash the HSC, you'll be sweet as.

Also, if you're wanting a 60ATAR, don't aim for it, aim higher. People rarely achieve the mark they want in the HSC.
@matt flyn 👆

matt flyn

HSC
cheers boys

i do
stand english
sor 1
math adv
engineering
sdd
d n t

HSC
N/A
cheers boys

i do
stand english
sor 1
math adv
engineering
sdd
d n t
You can achieve a great ATAR with your subjects (not just 60). Since you sit your HSC next year, use year 11 to determine which subjects you will keep for next year.

YonOra

HSC
cheers boys

i do
stand english
sor 1
math adv
engineering
sdd
d n t
Can't help you with too much then, but if you ever need help with maths, the response times on this forum are usually pre good (ppl race to it)

Last edited:

Want90Atar

HSC
cheers boys

i do
stand english
sor 1
math adv
engineering
sdd
d n t
Do you want some design and tech study notes, this is a easy fucking subject I just read someone else notes before prelims, got 90 percent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)