60 Minutes - Skin Cancer (1 Viewer)

shortie_689

HSC
Did anyone watch the 60 Minutes update on skin cancer... it was so confronting and sad... it has really made me want to go and get my skin checked... i didnt think skin cancer could cause such devastating outcomes...

inasero

Reborn
HSC
its not as serious as you all make it out to be...all things in moderation is the way to go...sun too...just don't tan for too long and always slip slop and slap, get your moles and blotches checked out etc etc

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
maybe people should cover up and stay out of the sun

to avoid the outcome of skin cancer
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
this is australia for fuck's sake!
yeah, let's just stay indoors all the time :rolleyes:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
BreaKing said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
this is australia for fuck's sake!
yeah, let's just stay indoors all the time :rolleyes:
so australia isnt as hot as other countrys
maybe we should be more sun aware
etc
is that such a big deal?
heaps of people manage to do so..
and you cna go out in the sun..just wear a hat..or what not
geez

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
fuk that slip slap spap bullshit. anyone who wears a shirt and a hat everytime they are on the beach or anywhere with lots of sun , looks like a tool. oh and putting that zinc shit all over yuor face, doesnt make u aussie, it makes u look like an idiot.

anyway go to brazil and noones heard of skin cancer. ull feel much better about tanning and forget australian stories abotu stuff that happens to some peopel , soemwhere

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
so australia isnt as hot as other countrys
maybe we should be more sun aware
etc
is that such a big deal?
heaps of people manage to do so..
and you cna go out in the sun..just wear a hat..or what not
geez
so u wear a hat everywhere u go? becuase sun is always there, i am sure yuor slowly getting cancer all over yuo everytime u step out of your house or look out the window.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so u wear a hat everywhere u go? becuase sun is always there, i am sure yuor slowly getting cancer all over yuo everytime u step out of your house or look out the window.
haha no i dont wear a hat everytime i step outside but i dont stay in the sun..i stay in the shade etc
and i do cover my skin
i wear long sleeves etc..when i swin too...

yeah i prolly am getting cancer
but i do things to prevent it
and the sun is scientifically prooven to have bad effects on people
increases ageing and skin problsm etc

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
haha no i dont wear a hat everytime i step outside but i dont stay in the sun..i stay in the shade etc
and i do cover my skin
i wear long sleeves etc..when i swin too...

yeah i prolly am getting cancer
but i do things to prevent it
and the sun is scientifically prooven to have bad effects on people
increases ageing and skin problsm etc
so u jump from a shade spot to a shade spot to avoid any sun. and u wear a shirt when u swim??? unless yuor a surfer , or a fat whale, wearing a shirt is stupid. anyway i am not gonna argue with you casper. i am off getting my moon tan on.

Cooleroo

Banned
HSC
lets all wear the rags like the muslim ladies do. harmful sunrays wont get through the fabric, but alot of hair underneath.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so u jump from a shade spot to a shade spot to avoid any sun. and u wear a shirt when u swim??? unless yuor a surfer , or a fat whale, wearing a shirt is stupid. anyway i am not gonna argue with you casper. i am off getting my moon tan on.
ok..you obviously cant avoid the sun everywhere you go
but you can do thing to prevent excess exposure
like wear a hat or long sleeves
sit in the shade
are you taking my words literally?
i shouldnt even need to argue that people need to take more precautions if they want to avoid cancer..its logic
wearinf a t-shirt is not stupid when swimming..its the smart thing to do

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
you can do thing to prevent excess exposure
like wear a hat or long sleeves
sit in the shade
i would seriously top myself if everyone started wearing long-sleeved shirts and sitting in the shade in the middle of summer.
have you not ever heard of sunscreen?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
BreaKing said:
i would seriously top myself if everyone started wearing long-sleeved shirts and sitting in the shade in the middle of summer.
have you not ever heard of sunscreen?
yeah i use it
have u not been to the beach lately...ppl are all sitting undercover..in their tents and unde rumbrellas...
heaps of people wear t-shirts and hats and shit
not as many as there is ppl half naked.. and tanning ..but still

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
soha said:
yeah i use it
have u not been to the beach lately...ppl are all sitting undercover..in their tents and unde rumbrellas...
heaps of people wear t-shirts and hats and shit
not as many as there is ppl half naked.. and tanning ..but still
people sit under umbrellas to avoid the heat, not so they wont get skin cancer, well atleaast not people like u . hey do u wear pants and a jumper to make that extra precaution. after all some rays go through fabric. wear jeans and coat when u hit the waves yuoll be so protected.

K

katie_tully

Some of the responses in this thread make me want to poke my eyes out and cleanse the sockets with paint thinners.

I actually don't think it's worth my energy explaining this to any of you, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Firstly, here is a link on the prevalence of skin cancer BY COUNTRY.
The reason we don't hear about the prevalence of skin cancer in Brazil, is because we don't live in brazil you fools.

Skin Cancer. What is it?

Perhaps the biggest point of this most of you have seemed to miss is that the UV rays responsible for skin cancer are around every day of the year, not just summer. Nobody has said that we should all cover up every flesh exposed part of our body - infact I think the message was MODERATE your exposure to the sun. If you have a family history of skin cancer you're also more likely to develop the disease, so you're better off taking precautions.

More Information.

May I suggest you clowns actually read some stuff and know what you're talking about before making immature and stupid responses?

shortie_689

HSC
Country/Region Extrapolated Incidence Population Estimated Used
Brazil 676,842 184,101,1092
Australia 73,210 19,913,1442

who was the idiot that said brazil hardly had any incidence...

katie is right no one realises the seriousness of this issue if any of you watched it then you'd actually know... I suggest you whinging prats go an understand what the effects of skin cancer can have on not only you but you're friends and family and then come back and say its stupid to be concerned

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

shortie_689 said:
Country/Region Extrapolated Incidence Population Estimated Used
Brazil 676,842 184,101,1092
Australia 73,210 19,913,1442

who was the idiot that said brazil hardly had any incidence...
For you dumbarses out there, the statistics Shortie just pasted go like this;
Incidence on the left, country population on the right.

Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer per capita, but the statistics provided show that skin cancer is prevalent EVERYWHERE.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I wear moisturiser with sunscreen everyday. Mainly because I don't want to look like an old hag by the time I'm 30.

nuclear chick

HSC
I really have no choice but to be concerned about the sun- albinism runs in my family so my skin is more sun-sensitive and can burn even in winter, and even if I have sunscreen on.
The level of UV radiation in actually extremely high in Tasmania (because of the thinner ozone layer), and the summers there are like winters here so UV exposure has nothing to do with temperatures or how sunny it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)