$600 (1 Viewer)

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
They've scrapped the textbook subsidary thing at dymocks. No more 8% off textbooks after June 30th.
hey, i work there, and they never told me that! hehehe, oh well, I still have my 30% staff discount :D:D

Giant Lobster

HSC
yay i got 600 bux ^^
i guess this is the silver lining for comin from a dirt poor family :p

vanity

HSC
how did the government know who needed the 600 buckeroonies??
who's account does it go in??

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
They've scrapped the textbook subsidary thing at dymocks. No more 8% off textbooks after June 30th.
Not only at Dymocks... Its a general rebate that is being abolished, so life isn't all about election bribe payments.

And my parents got $1200 for my two younger siblings.. I'm too old, I think. *waves cane*

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Not only at Dymocks... Its a general rebate that is being abolished, so life isn't all about election bribe payments.
i never knew angus and robertson gave those discounts to start off with. thats why i only buy my books at dymocks :rolleyes:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
i never knew angus and robertson gave those discounts to start off with. thats why i only buy my books at dymocks :rolleyes:
They don't give those discounts, but there are more (and better) bookstores than Dymocks and Angus & Robertson... Its also ceasing at all Co-Op stores and GleeBooks, among others.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm my siblings did, i didnt being at over 16. LOL they should have introduced this LAST year :(

capsicum

HSC
hey i'm over 16 and i got the money! you've gotta complain dark secrets

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
hmm my siblings did, i didnt being at over 16. LOL they should have introduced this LAST year :(
that's strange. my sister is turning 18 this year and she recieved the $600. you should recieve it between june 19 and 30. if not, complain as capsicum suggested.

@kimmeh. yeah i know, i'm buying all my textbooks for next year as soon as possible so i can get that 8% discount. why are they scrapping it anyway? :confused:

capsicum

HSC
Originally posted by vanity
it goes into your parents' account and why ARE they scrapping the subsidary thingy?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yes indeed, you get it as long as you are under 18. One of my friends missed out because she turned 18 two weeks ago.

Winston

HSC
hey i want my 600 smackers too... ooo iPod here i come :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Slide Rule
iPod? Blow that! Buy a PDA with a 4 gig memory card and you can do more than play music.

Dude... i've got a PDA already, the HP iPaq 5550, and i've got a 512 MB SD, so i'm fine with it.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by hyperbole
@kimmeh. yeah i know, i'm buying all my textbooks for next year as soon as possible so i can get that 8% discount. why are they scrapping it anyway? :confused:
why dont you wait for us 04ers to finish the HSC and you can buy our books for cheap? :rolleyes:
Originally posted by Josie
Yes indeed, you get it as long as you are under 18. One of my friends missed out because she turned 18 two weeks ago.
i havent got mine yet... someone told me if you get youth allowance, you dont get it.

Winston

HSC
why dont you wait for us 04ers to finish the HSC and you can buy our books for cheap?
But then you got this 04ers smell... ewww...

chepas

HSC
Mum and I had no idea what the hell it was when I first saw my accoutn balance, that until the day it went in, was about $0.32CR. So $600 was a nice little surprise. We can have chicken dinners once a week now!!

Though Centrelink has recently f'ed up our single parent family allowance whatever something earning more than X but less than Y payments, so for the last 4 months we have been getting $1 payments from them every fortnight. Very funny, but mmm....
Originally posted by vanity
Spose that it has records according to some office like the ATO or something according to which adults still have dependent children/dependent people.

Re: account, went into whoever's account the parent nominated (like, for usual Centrelink/allowance/etc) - in my case, mine :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)