7 News (Best university for getting a full time job" (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Saw it myself and thought others might be interested. Hmm, maybe i should go to ACU or Notre dame to get into a prestigious Finance job....

[video]http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/5b13a0bd-cf76-3254-af47-6a92a9946aab/the-best-universities-for-getting-a-job/[/video]

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Pharmacy - 97%

That's a shock.

NBGHHS

HSC
Doesn't that fire a bullet into the prestige mongers of USyd....

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't that fire a bullet into the prestige mongers of USyd....
As if they needed to be proved wrong?

They are idiots to begin with.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
Well i think it's more of pharmacist and doctors go into internship so i guess that isn't entirely bs, technically a job :)

a c

HSC
All a load of sponsored bullshit.
ATAR Aim: 88
B Science (Computer Science) at UNSW - 91 ATAR orB Science (Computer Science) / B Media Arts at UNSW - 82 ATAR

u mad csu is stylin' on you?

Demise

HSC
ATAR Aim: 88
B Science (Computer Science) at UNSW - 91 ATAR orB Science (Computer Science) / B Media Arts at UNSW - 82 ATAR

u mad csu is stylin' on you?
UNSW was down by 0.1. I'm bloody mad man.

ACU - Major for education, yet that's one of the highest unemployment, even though ACU was in the top 5.

Logic.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Saw it myself and thought others might be interested. Hmm, maybe i should go to ACU or Notre dame to get into a prestigious Finance job....

[video]http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/5b13a0bd-cf76-3254-af47-6a92a9946aab/the-best-universities-for-getting-a-job/[/video]
yeah do it then tell me where you end up in 4 years

Memento-mori

HSC
UNDA's applications have already closed.

Pretty much everyone in my grade has their eyes set on UTS, Usyd or Macquarie. There are a couple of UNSW, Charles Sturt, Notre Dame and ACU people, but I guess the reason why people are attracted to Usyd, UTS, Macquarie is the familiarity with it. I mean, pretty much all of my cousins went to Usyd, etc. (Which is a reason for me not to go) but I do find those three universities, to be a bit... outdated? UTS comes across as the most unflexible university. B.Design at COFA seems to be better than any B.Design degrees at UTS... yes, even Visual Communication because you can mould it to suit your needs and goals. Side note: it's incredibly ironic that the person making fun of fashion degrees is from UTS. That reflects so poorly on the university, and has eliminated desire from me to go there completely. Charles Sturt communication courses are very well known and respected, as are their dentistry (*fingers crossed my friend gets in there*). I personally, think ACU comes across fantastic in the media, I think the Vice- Chancellor makes fantastic comments regarding education. My UAC preferences were more about the universities, (what I want to do is fairly general, and most universities offer it) and essentially, its just UNSW and ACU with an external application to Notre Dame.

I won't bash on Macquarie alot though. Unsure why their employment levels are so low. Plus you can major in Russian there, that's so cool and rare :)

HSC
Uni Grad
wow WTF education having one of the highest unemployment rates, what even. Consider maths education for example..., where there's actually a shortage..

meh, there's a reason why i dont follow channel 7 anyway, such a load of garbage.

Memento-mori

HSC
wow WTF education having one of the highest unemployment rates, what even. Consider maths education for example..., where there's actually a shortage..

meh, there's a reason why i dont follow channel 7 anyway, such a load of garbage.
I think education is more primary school education in the case of this report. A lot of people think that a B.A + Dip. Ed or four years B.Education= guaranteed job. You are right about maths education. I personally think the best teachers tend to have started to teach later on in their life when they have experience. I had this wonderful commerce teacher in year 9 who used to be an accountant. She could talk about finance, economics and business extremely well. I disliked a lot of my teachers, and most of them didn't want to be there.

I remember the day I stopped watching channel 7 news. There was this horrible bushfire, and the next day, I was waiting for Criminal Minds, and there was an advertisment of the news, and it had 'ONLY ON SEVEN NEWS' written on the screen, and it came across that Channel 7 were trying to profit from it, that they didn't really care, just tried to get more viewers. It's an incredibly forced, contrived network.

HSC
Um pharmarcy is 97% because all the graduates get jobs at local chemists that pay similar to fast food chains.

ACTUAL pharmaceutical jobs are nowhere to be seen.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
UNDA's applications have already closed.

Pretty much everyone in my grade has their eyes set on UTS, Usyd or Macquarie. There are a couple of UNSW, Charles Sturt, Notre Dame and ACU people, but I guess the reason why people are attracted to Usyd, UTS, Macquarie is the familiarity with it. I mean, pretty much all of my cousins went to Usyd, etc. (Which is a reason for me not to go) but I do find those three universities, to be a bit... outdated? UTS comes across as the most unflexible university. B.Design at COFA seems to be better than any B.Design degrees at UTS... yes, even Visual Communication because you can mould it to suit your needs and goals. Side note: it's incredibly ironic that the person making fun of fashion degrees is from UTS. That reflects so poorly on the university, and has eliminated desire from me to go there completely. Charles Sturt communication courses are very well known and respected, as are their dentistry (*fingers crossed my friend gets in there*). I personally, think ACU comes across fantastic in the media, I think the Vice- Chancellor makes fantastic comments regarding education. My UAC preferences were more about the universities, (what I want to do is fairly general, and most universities offer it) and essentially, its just UNSW and ACU with an external application to Notre Dame.

I won't bash on Macquarie alot though. Unsure why their employment levels are so low. Plus you can major in Russian there, that's so cool and rare :)
Isn't UTS known to be quite a flexible uni though? Unless your thinking of USYD

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
guys the entire employment rate thing is all manipulated

if you graduate with a pharmacy degree and you go work in mcdonalds, they still count you in that " 97%"

HSC
There's no mention of graduate study either...

l00l representations and text...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
cant be bothered watching the video

what happens in it

HSC
Uni Grad
guys the entire employment rate thing is all manipulated

if you graduate with a pharmacy degree and you go work in mcdonalds, they still count you in that " 97%"
Yeah that. It doesn't account for the fact that most of those doing pharmacy degrees end up in pharmaceutical jobs, but instead work in pharmacies. Guess it's the same with education; they don't take into account those doing Education having the high unemployment rate being in the primary sector (also those doing arts/education), yet there's a huge gap in need for maths graduates to become maths teachers.

I.e. as for me doing actuarial, having an Actuarial job is different from that of graduating from an actuarial degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)