89ers right here (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
glozza said:
i may be one of the unluckiest 89ers..with an 89 in music, 89 in business studies, 89 in japanese, and UAI 89.10. can anyone beat this bad luck? haha

uh probably not.........i think ur the most unluckiest........i got 89 for ancient (bt afta lookin at ur marks............im not complainin).....

finnos

haha, i can sadly say that, yes, i too fell victim to the 89ers, with an 89 in English and business, and a 44 in EE2. just one mark away from 90. ended up with a uai of 87 though

Idyll

HSC
dont_b_simple said:
u pplz getting 89 shouldn't by pissed off that u just missed out on 90...u should be happy, u should be jumping up and down, some people would kill to have gotten 89 ok so really i see it that u people have no right to be pissed about it.
and u can still probably make it in to a course needing a uai of 90...they do put out 2nd round offers
Different people have different goals. it's not your right to tell them they shouldn't be unhappy if they don't achieve them.

if they didn't make it into their preferred uni course, then they have every right to be unhappy.

fyi, the uai often goes up for 2nd round offers. unfortunately, at a number of uni's (usyd is the main exception i know of), the uai cut-off is a hard cut-off. miss out by .05 and you don't get in (horrible i know).

after all, if they let someone in with .05 below the cut-off, then effectively they've just lowered the cut-off by .05, so why not let someone in .10 below the original cut-off? and so on.

fortunately, i won't be in that situation, but i'd hate to think what it would be like if i was

somechick

HSC
N/A
smegthehead said:
im not pissed by the fact i got 89.95, its just i was really hankering to get over 90, as the school then immortalises you in the school newsletter :p

plus instead of saying i got 90, i have to use like 4 more syllables when someone asks me what i got lol
Yeah i know. I got 89.70 and i just sat staring at it for like 5 whole minutes.
By a lousy 0.30 i not only lost immortalisation, but a school gold medallion, a listing on the school records, and recognition from people who dont know me (eg uni heads).
Its such a completely different world from saying u got 89 to saying u got 90. I guess only people who get 89 will understand what im on about.
And yeah persephone, i TOTALLY agree. I wondered maybe if i wrote one more page in my english exam, or studied one more hour it would have made a difference.
But still im happy with my mark. 6 years of work paid off.

DaRanjed

it's just that it was one mark...one more thing you could have done. Like calculated something, derived something, read over something again. something so small that would have given you that extra point. Trying harder in an assessment task, etc. It's just the fact you missed out by something so small.
Exactly. This has been bugging me since I got my UAI. I'm very happy about what I got because I expected something in the 70s...but c'mon, I just need 0.45 more to get a 90!
I keep thinking "If only I wrote something extra on that short answer question." or "I wish I wrote the other story I prepared for the Extension English creative essay."

Just HALF a mark.

What luck.

dont_b_simple

somechick said:
Yeah i know. I got 89.70 and i just sat staring at it for like 5 whole minutes.
By a lousy 0.30 i not only lost immortalisation, but a school gold medallion, a listing on the school records, and recognition from people who dont know me (eg uni heads).
Its such a completely different world from saying u got 89 to saying u got 90. I guess only people who get 89 will understand what im on about.
And yeah persephone, i TOTALLY agree. I wondered maybe if i wrote one more page in my english exam, or studied one more hour it would have made a difference.
But still im happy with my mark. 6 years of work paid off.

every one understands what ur on about. people who have gotten 79. something miss out on 80 by point of a something or people who have gotten 65.8 and miss out on 66 by .2, they all understand. of course the number above what u got is going to sound better, but everyone knows how it feels not only the people who got 89.

jellybeenz

HSC
I got 89.70-- I was absolutely ecstatic about my mark, like there was a lot of screaming. Then I realised it may not get me into my course. If I got 90, I would feel a million times better. It sucks. I might even miss out by 0.05 of a mark. I'm almost in tears now that I don't think I can get into Arts at Sydney which has been my dream for 2 years.

I got 89 for both Ancient and Advanced English. Fucking assessment marks dragging me down.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i didnt get 89, i got 88.35 but i still feel ur pain, my goal for 2 years has been to get 90.00, i asked for no more, i would take no less, but i got less... and the gay thing is wen i saw my results i thought i would get into the 90s.... grrr

glozza

This unlucky 89er here has yet to be beaten.. 89 in music, japanese, and busn, UAI 89.10. any takers??Someone has gotta be in the same boat as me..

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
well i got 89 for economics, and 88 for eng adv... 3 more marks and i could've got my name in the paper for those subjects, but i did get my name in there for jap C and jap Ext!!! and yea, i swear 89 is the most annoying mark anyone could get! Glozza, i'm sure there's someone out there who got 89 for pretty much everything. they jsut don't know Boredofstudies.org yet =p
and yea i got 89.15

89 89 89 89 898989 goddamn 89

but u know what, instead of saying i got 89.xx just say, i got in the top 11% of the state. sounds so much more elite.

90.00 would make anyone feel so comfortable. (except for a person i know.. she got 95.1 and thinking of repeating HSC.. mad cow disease in her!!)

i swear i need to go on a rollrecoaster, scream my had off.. just to let off some steam.

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
friend got 89 for everything and got 98+ uai :) hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)