9.2.4.2.3 point (1 Viewer)

hscishard

HSC
Hope you guys could follow that. If not, it's the part where you learn all about different commerical cells/batteries. Do you really need to know all seven of them? It's a huge section in conquering chem but it hasn't been tested frequently in the hsc. The only question I saw in the past 3-4 papers was explain one benefit of car bettery cells.

So, do you know all 7?

HSC
N/A
pretty sure you are meant to compare and contrast TWO, you have to know 2 of them well as they can ask a 6-7marker on it

HSC
N/A
you have to know either the dry cell or the lead acid battery ( one of these is complusory im pretty sure) and then compare it with another cell in terms of what is anode, cathode, electrolyte, redox equations, evironmental impact etc etc

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
Yea. This is one you can memorise lol.

I memorised the lead-acid battery and button cell. But, unfortunately, didn't even get asked in my exam last year :(

HSC
N/A
Yea. This is one you can memorise lol.

I memorised the lead-acid battery and button cell. But, unfortunately, didn't even get asked in my exam last year :(
I memorised tons of crap for my exam and it never came up. I was so ready for like a 8marker on ozone and managing the atomsphere and managing the atomsphere didnt come up at ALL :|

thats the way luck is

HSC
N/A
So there's no chance on comparing a specific cell and with another specified cell?
no, read the syllabus point, fairly sure it says pick either dry cell or lead acid battery and compare with one of the following , then it gives you a number of choices.

Lumix

HSC
Yeah, I've see trials with questions asking you about a specific cell and it was the lead acid one too. I only memorise dry cell and silver button. The syllabus says you memorise either dry cell OR lead acid and compare to one of the others. I doubt the actual HSC paper will ask for a specific one...
I think we did the same paper btw!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)