90+ (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
ok i always thought this was a bit stupid , i mean you can't "predict" your UAI but right now i'm feeling really anxious (getting trial exams back tends to do that) and so i'm going to join the club and ask for a "prediction" , please.

if it helps i'll also add how much i've contributed to the HSC out of 50 already

my school is half selective and is ranked 132 as far as i can remember

Trials:
community and family studies - 96/100 (1/22 overall)

49/50

Ancient History - 85/100 (3/42 overall)

44/50

English Advanced - 83/105 (6/82 overall) urgh stuffed this exam

42/50

English Extension - 34/50 (9/14 overall) :(

34/50

Visual Arts - a shitty 71/100 (2/15 overall) i was first before :(

40/50

Studies of religion - 42/50 (2/25 overall)

22/25

thanks for your help =D

Edit: i've updated my extension english info, thank gawd my overall mark and rank went up by a bit

Last edited:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hmm not bad , ok thanks. i'm praying for an over 90 though =P and according to a weird forula i worked out, i'll get around 93-94 so yeah

HSC
ahen said:
ok i always thought this was a bit stupid , i mean you can't "predict" your UAI but right now i'm feeling really anxious (getting trial exams back tends to do that) and so i'm going to join the club and ask for a "prediction" , please.

if it helps i'll also add how much i've contributed to the HSC out of 50 already

Trials:

49/50

44/50

42/50

English Extension - haven't got it back but averaging a crappy 65% and was 10/14 about 2 months ago

29/45

40/50

22/25

thanks for your help =D
I'm in yr 11 so my estimate won't be as good lol, but i know a fair bit bout marks relative to final uai, (know like 15+ ppl who've completed hsc, and ive looked at board of studies stats they've released on scaling e.t.c)

Your ranks overall are very high, except eng ext, though if you achieve a decent mark in the hsc and taking into account scaling, you should receive a relatively good mark. Your school's high ranked, therefore the moderation for all your subjects will be good. I wouldn't worry too much about vis arts, but u MUST get good final exam mark, as this will determine how highly/lowly ur internal is moderated, this of course, applies to all your subjects, but i rekon is especially important for vis arts as this is a typically low scaling subject if you dont get a high mark.

Your subjects unfortunately, dont scale all that well (cept adv. and ext english) but if you retain your ranks and achieve well in the exam, scaling will be negligible. So overall, i rekon you will achieve maybe a 92 (just a guess) but there's no reason why you can't receive 96-97 with favourable results.

Good luck!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hey thanks for your prediction, yeah i came up with this weird little method to work it out for myself as a "guesstimate" and it came out around 94 so i suppose we'll see *sigh* haha i love your sig by the way "100.05" , yes we'd all like that :p

you know i met this guy who used to go to my school and graduated in 05 on the weekend and he did almost the same subjects as me and had around the same kinda ranks, he appaarently only studied REALLY in the last 3 weeks before the HSC and he got a UAI of 97 *insert jealous rant here*
but then again he gives me hope, i'll be bitterly disappointed if i don't get the same or higher though
oh well

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Keep those kind of marks/ranks up in the HSC and you'll definately get over 90.

HSC
ahen said:
hey thanks for your prediction, yeah i came up with this weird little method to work it out for myself as a "guesstimate" and it came out around 94 so i suppose we'll see *sigh* haha i love your sig by the way "100.05" , yes we'd all like that :p

you know i met this guy who used to go to my school and graduated in 05 on the weekend and he did almost the same subjects as me and had around the same kinda ranks, he appaarently only studied REALLY in the last 3 weeks before the HSC and he got a UAI of 97 *insert jealous rant here*
but then again he gives me hope, i'll be bitterly disappointed if i don't get the same or higher though
oh well
lol well wats wrong with 100.05? haha. Yeah i also know freaky shit guys who study night before and ace it (whereas i study night before and only get marks just a tad above the average), sometimes its annoying, but yeh atleast u then know that its POSSIBLE, to do well when you dont study all the time.

Anyway yeah, i can see in your sig u want 98, u can still do it for sure cos 50% of your assesment is left, and your in a pretty good school so internal's will be moderated up. Anyway, START STUDYING! haha

Chanpion

HSC
oh im effed!
i got lik below par in some subjects.... ><
the only one that i dont need and the best score for trias is Jap
and the ones i need like chem and maths ext1, well i would go off the cliff now!! :burn:

jOnniesz

HSC
prediction please... my marks and ranks dont seem that great..but yeah...
i go to a selective school btw

eng std: 63% (8/100)
maths 2u: 92/120 (40/100)
maths ext: 55% ( 55 /75)
biology: 94% (4/70)
pe: 93% (1/14)
business std: 81% (10/42)

cheers

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
youve only got 2 months before its all over, so hang in there.
Lol, instead of posting, i think you should be a good girl, study and hopefully get the marks you deserve.
got massive faith in you though =)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
aaaaaaaaaargh
i just want to get the freakin HSC over and done with!!!!
but i also want heaps of time to study for it to maximise my marks
=
HELL

lovethehsc

HSC
N/A
ahen said:

Trials:

49/50

44/50

42/50

English Extension - 34/50 (9/14 overall) :(

34/50

40/50

22/25

thanks for your help =D

Edit: i've updated my extension english info, thank gawd my overall mark and rank went up by a bit
Just remember that those internal marks will not necessarily stay the same after the hsc: it depends on how well your cohort does in general.

Otherwise, assuming the school marks are equivalent to your internal marks, sorry to break it to you but 98.1 is definitely out of the question. You might even want to remove that from your signature because it's almost false advertising considering you would like to do tutoring post-hsc. Worry about the exams first, before jumping into any paid employment.

I believe you will still score at least about a 92-93 uai though, so rest assured your 90+ 'aim' should be fulfilled.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lovethehsc said:
You might even want to remove that from your signature because it's almost false advertising considering you would like to do tutoring post-hsc. Worry about the exams first, before jumping into any paid employment.
saying shes not capable is one thing , but that comment there was a bit blunt.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
well lovethehsc is just a little bitch aren't they
seeing as i'm being paid to tutor kids in advanced english - as we speak! woo
and just wait till my UAI comes out...just wait

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC
lovethehsc said:
sorry to break it to you but 98.1 is definitely out of the question. You might even want to remove that from your signature because it's almost false advertising considering you would like to do tutoring post-hsc. Worry about the exams first, before jumping into any paid employment.
You can't make sweeping statements like that. You don't know the standard of her internal cohort, or how she performed in the HSC exams which are the biggest assessments of all. It is true that ahen's assessment marks will be modified, maybe for the better, maybe not. Nevertheless, it's naive to assume they will definately be lowered.

ahen: I hope you achieve 98.1 ^ Your results are generally strong, and it will be better for you to wait rather than relying on the ill-informed. Good Luck!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hey there! cc123 thanks for that =D am getting rather nervous about results this week , FINALLY i'll know for sure, not sure if i wanna know now though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)