99.95 ATAR | 1st in NSW in Biology | 7th NSW Physics | Courses in all sciences (1 Viewer)

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

My name is Tim Mason. I run small courses (max 8 students) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. My friend Andy (99.85 ATAR, 2nd in Phys, 22nd in Chem) helps out as well. We've been teaching for 4 years now and have successfully produced students with perfect ATARs, tops of selective and private schools and too many band 6s to count. We teach at our private classroom right next to Chatswood station (50m closer than matrix :p)

Check out our website below for all details, but if you want to ask questions about anything, hit me up!

On a side note, I'm passionate about providing free materials to all HSC students so our blog has a lot of useful articles and videos. In early March I'll be running a live webinar (online lecture) on study and exam skills, outlining the techniques that got me through the HSC and what I've learned while teaching dozens of students since then.

Good luck on your half-yearlies!

Tim

wifiok

HSC
Hi,
Can I please have your Chemistry and Biology notes?
Thanks,
Jess

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi

May I ask but what did you do in order to achieve a state rank?

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Jess,
My notes are incorporated into the material I use for our courses!

To achieve a state rank took a lot of work (obviously) but the main 'trick' was thinking analytically about the HSC, the way I studied and the way I sat my exams. I practiced thousands of questions to test my knowledge but also to practice exam technique.

We do offer a free lesson if you're interested - we could chat in detail about my particular techniques then!

Tim

hrithikroshan

HSC
Hey

Chatswood is really far - I was wondering if you could share your techniques on perfecting exam technique for sciences :)

What mindset did you approach it with and how did you ensure you wrote everything in your answers? I've thought of mentallying ask yourself the 6W questions (who what when where why how) but its hard to concentrate with both those questions and the exam answer to write
The other thing is you may go overboard and then run out of time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)