• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

99.95 Medicine Ex-Ruse TUTOR (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, I'm Veronica and I'm available for tutoring in chemistry, biology and english. I'm currently studying medicine at UNSW and I'm in my 4th year.

ACADEMIC
I received a final UAI of 99.95 in the 2007 HSC. My marks were:

English Advanced - 96
English Extension - 47 (48 external)
Chemistry - 96 (external 97)
Biology - 97 (17th in the state)
Mathematics Ext 1 - 97
Mathematics Ext 2 - 97
Agriculture - 96 (external 99) (5th in the state 2006)

I attended James Ruse Agricultural High School from 2002-2007 and received UAI estimates of 99.90 on both occasions in year 12. I have achieved consistent results especially in bio (my average throughout prelim and year 12 was 96%) and chemistry (I ranged from a 95-99% throughout prelim and year 12). Furthermore, throughout the 6 years I've been at James Ruse, I have always been ranked in the top three for english.

For my achievements, I received the Premier's Award and Australian Students' Prize (aka Lord Florey Prize). I was also offered scholarships by both UNSW and USyd.

I am easily accessible and encourage active communication between my students and I.

I also have a vast amount of resources (huge stash of past papers accumulated throughout the past few years) at my disposal, which will come in very handy during exam preparation time.

Other Matters
I tutor at home (I live in the Parramatta region) but my house is a brief 5 min stroll from the station. Group sessions are fine by me (with discount! So think about it).

As for experience, I've been tutoring for more than three years. I've helped more than fifty students with their studies (credentials upon request). I've also been told that I have unlimited patience and enthusiasm, which is motivating for students. I have also worked at tutoring companies like HSC Intensive Training Summit where I have launched seminars on effective exam preparation (e.g. how to answer long answer questions and get full marks, how to tackle calculation problems etc.)

If you're interested or have any queries, email me at veronica.lim@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you asap. Places are limited because I believe that my students deserve more individual attention.

:dog:

HSC
to answer some queries:

* i charge $40/hour but am willing to negotiate, especially if you do more than hour or have a friend and an interest in group tuition.

* i charge at my place in the Parramatta region, which is very accessible from a major train station.

feel free to ask me more questions, i will definitely respond asap :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)