99.95 Physics Tutor | USYD Med | Student Success with ALL band 6's | FREE NOTES/ANKI Giveaway (1 Viewer)

ezOolong

HSC
Hello! I’m Zoe, a new syllabus physics tutor with special focuses on improving students’ test-taking skills. I'm glad to acknowledge the success of my students for all subjects taught last year, especially with all of my physics students achieving Band 6 in 2021. Competitive rates and quality teaching guaranteed, so don't hesitate to contact me! I have graduated in 2020 from Carlingford high school as the school dux and was internally ranked 1st for all subjects. I am currently majoring in Physics in the University of Sydney, studying Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine.

Why me?

Having achieved 99.95 ATAR with state ranks, I am very confident that studying should never be about rote learning but understanding and skills. This is especially important in the science HSC exams when addressing question verbs (e.g. “Explain”, “Discuss” or “Evaluate”). To tackle students’ fear of long response questions, I have always integrated the lessons with adequate past paper questions and step-by-step training with the ALARM scaffold (see below).

‼ Free Notes:‼

Please comment your email below or dm me to receive succinct yet comprehensive notes for Modules 5 and 6 of Physics. They are awesome for pre-exam reviews.

I’m also sharing a complete ANKI deck for HSC Physics, so please specify if you would like that shared!
More resources (e.g. txtbooks pdf, trial papers pdf, strive pdf) are also available so don’t fret to ask me for them in pm or comment below.

Qualifications

Although high marks do not define a good tutor, I hope my results show proof of the strength of the study methods I will implement:

➢ ATAR 99.95 (2020 HSC)
➢ State ranks — 4th in EAL/D, 9th in Maths Extension 1
➢ HSC All rounder — Band 6's for all subjects: Chemistry (97), EALD (97), Physics (95), 3U Maths (100), 4U Maths (98), Chinese&Lit (94)
➢ UCAT — 98th percentile
➢ Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) High Achiever (Top 3) in State (2019)

Lesson details

➢ Comprehensive teaching notes and HSC past paper and trial paper resources for the new syllabus
➢ Teaching is done via zoom currently
➢ Personalised lessons guaranteed as I am onboarding fewer students next year (current student vacancy < 3 )

➢ Hourly rates are different for Year 11 and 12’s:

$40-50/hour for small groups of 2 students (optimal for accelerated learning)
or $60-70/hour if you prefer one-on-one lessons (optimal for exam practices)

Rates are negotiable, especially for group lessons.
➢ Contact me via z_tutoringonly@foxmail.com or private message

The ALARM scaffold overview

When answering question involving any of these question verbs, structure your response in the following order:
  1. Name and define: name key parts in the question and give details
  2. Describe: give more details
  3. Explain: importance, or link between parts in the question
  4. Analyse: impact
  5. Critically analyse: positive and negative
  6. Evaluate: make a judgment
This scaffold works for any subject involving question verbs like such.

Last edited:

ezOolong

HSC
No idea why there aren't emails notifying me the conversations :(
so I have opened up an tutoring only email for easier communication, feel free to email in directly for future inquiries

z_tutoringonly@foxmail.com

samlucky

HSC
No idea why there aren't emails notifying me the conversations :(
so I have opened up an tutoring only email for easier communication, feel free to email in directly for future inquiries

z_tutoringonly@foxmail.com
Hi,
Are you still available for private HSC physics tuition for new syllabus.
please call me or sms me on 0414937372
thanks
sam

ezOolong

HSC
There are new availabilities for 2022 graduates.

Gtsh

HSC
Could I please get the anki deck and the notes. Thankyou.

Moe33444555

HSC
Hello! I’m Zoe, a new syllabus physics tutor with special focuses on improving students’ test-taking skills. I'm glad to acknowledge the success of my students for all subjects taught last year, especially with all of my physics students achieving Band 6 in 2021. Competitive rates and quality teaching guaranteed, so don't hesitate to contact me! I have graduated in 2020 from Carlingford high school as the school dux and was internally ranked 1st for all subjects. I am currently majoring in Physics in the University of Sydney, studying Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Medicine.

Why me?

Having achieved 99.95 ATAR with state ranks, I am very confident that studying should never be about rote learning but understanding and skills. This is especially important in the science HSC exams when addressing question verbs (e.g. “Explain”, “Discuss” or “Evaluate”). To tackle students’ fear of long response questions, I have always integrated the lessons with adequate past paper questions and step-by-step training with the ALARM scaffold (see below).

‼ Free Notes:‼

Please comment your email below or dm me to receive succinct yet comprehensive notes for Modules 5 and 6 of Physics. They are awesome for pre-exam reviews.

I’m also sharing a complete ANKI deck for HSC Physics, so please specify if you would like that shared!
More resources (e.g. txtbooks pdf, trial papers pdf, strive pdf) are also available so don’t fret to ask me for them in pm or comment below.

Qualifications

Although high marks do not define a good tutor, I hope my results show proof of the strength of the study methods I will implement:

➢ ATAR 99.95 (2020 HSC)
➢ State ranks — 4th in EAL/D, 9th in Maths Extension 1
➢ HSC All rounder — Band 6's for all subjects: Chemistry (97), EALD (97), Physics (95), 3U Maths (100), 4U Maths (98), Chinese&Lit (94)
➢ UCAT — 98th percentile
➢ Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) High Achiever (Top 3) in State (2019)

Lesson details

➢ Comprehensive teaching notes and HSC past paper and trial paper resources for the new syllabus
➢ Teaching is done via zoom currently
➢ Personalised lessons guaranteed as I am onboarding fewer students next year (current student vacancy < 3 )

➢ Hourly rates are different for Year 11 and 12’s:

$40-50/hour for small groups of 2 students (optimal for accelerated learning)
or $60-70/hour if you prefer one-on-one lessons (optimal for exam practices)

Rates are negotiable, especially for group lessons.
➢ Contact me via z_tutoringonly@foxmail.com or private message

The ALARM scaffold overview

When answering question involving any of these question verbs, structure your response in the following order:
  1. Name and define: name key parts in the question and give details
  2. Describe: give more details
  3. Explain: importance, or link between parts in the question
  4. Analyse: impact
  5. Critically analyse: positive and negative
  6. Evaluate: make a judgment
This scaffold works for any subject involving question verbs like such.
May I have your notes for both physics and chemistry and the ANKi deck please? Is it also possible for you to share some EALD essays, ofc if you are happy to? BTW my email is sivpir6@gmail.com. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)