99.95 | State Ranker | Private Tutoring for Maths and Chemistry (1 Viewer)

jpham0011

HSC
99.95 | State Ranker | Tutoring for Maths (100 3U and 98 4U) and Chemistry (97)

Hi all, my name is James and I just graduated from Sydney Boys High School this year - so I still have plenty of fresh insights and advice regarding how to tackle the HSC that can benefit students in their own studies.

Private tutoring has many advantages over centres which can fail to cater to an individual student's needs in a busy class environment - particularly in regards to lower performing or quiet students. In contrast, I offer a very personalised tutoring approach that will depend on the students' needs and weaknesses, rather than the rigid one-size-fits-all course structure favoured by many tutoring centres.

Subjects taught:
- Chemistry
- Mathematics
- Mathematics Extension 1
- Mathematics Extension 2

My results (2014 HSC):
- 99.95 ATAR
- 97 for Chemistry (ranked 17th in the state)
- 100 for Mathematics Extension 1
- 98 for Mathematics Extension 2

Prices:
- One-on-one: $55/hour
- Group sessions (max 3 people): $40/hour

Lessons: 2 hour sessions, flexible hours (for now) including in holidays, but preferably in the afternoon or weekends.

Location: Preferably in Eastern Suburbs (especially Coogee-Maroubra area) such as Maroubra library or students' homes, but I am willing to travel to other places not too far and public transport accessible.

Students: I am only going to be offering tutoring for students studying either the HSC or preliminary HSC, so years 11/12 and anyone doing acceleration/pathway programs too.

Contact details: If anyone is interested, you can email me at j.pham0011@gmail.com, text/call me at 0431 317 730 or pm me here.

Doing well in the HSC requires much more than a desire to do well - you have to know how to apply that desire correctly in your studies in terms of time management, learning content and developing successful exam technique so that you don't waste time, as well as sustaining that drive throughout a year sure to be full of little set backs and overall exhaustion. Trust me, the HSC isn't easy for anyone - but I promise that I will do my best to pass on the methods and strategies that worked for me to guide you through it and get you to where you want to be.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)