99.95 UAI MEDICINE STUDENT offering tuition (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

I'm Veronica and I'm available for tutoring in chemistry and biology. Currently, I am studying medicine at UNSW.

Academic

I received a final UAI of 99.95 in the 2007 HSC. My marks were:

English Advanced - 95

English Extension - 47 (48 external)

Chemistry - 96 (external 97)

Biology - 97 (17th in the state)

Mathematics Ext 1 - 97

Mathematics Ext 2 - 97

Agriculture - 96 (external 99) (5th in the state 2006)

I attended James Ruse Agricultural High School from 2002-2007 and received UAI estimates of 99.90 on both occasions in year 12. I have achieved consistent results especially in bio (my average throughout prelim and year 12 was 96%) and chemistry (I ranged from a 95-98% throughout prelim and year 12).

For my achievements, I received the Premier's Award and Australian Students' Prize (aka Lord Florey Prize). I was also offered scholarships by both UNSW and USyd.

Experience, tutor skillz etc.
I have been tutoring for over a year, and have now got at least a year's worth of experience under my belt XD. So far, I've helped at least twenty students with their studies (credentials upon request). I've also been told that I have unlimited patience and enthusiasm, which is motivating for students. I have also worked at tutoring companies like HSC Intensive Training Summit where I have launched seminars on effective exam preparation (e.g. how to answer long answer questions and get full marks, how to tackle calculation problems etc.)

I am easily accessible and encourage active communication between my students and I (ie if you talk to me at 1am on msn, i'll probably reply lolz).

I also have a vast amount of resources at my disposal, which will come very handy during exam preparation time.

Other Matters
I tutor at home (I live in Parramatta region) but my house is a brief 5 min stroll from the station. Group sessions are fine by me (in fact, you get a discount, yay).

As for pricing, I charge $30/hour.

If you're interested, PM me or email me at veronica.lim@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you asap =)

Last edited:
HSC
Um, just to be clear (iin response to a few questions i got)

I am only tutoring in biology and chemistry, and not maths or english. I'd be more than happy to point you towards some excellent math or english tutors though, if that's what you looking for.

Cheers,

veronica

ctrlaltv

HSC
Veronica (shuffleshuffle) is an excellent tutor. As chrisgo correctly pointed out, she is incredibly patient and knows her stuff, not to mention she is very sexy. I was failing English in 2008 before I met Veronica. I completely despised the subject, and would always find an excuse to ignore English. Thanks to Veronica, that is no longer the case. I am now looking at a potential Band 5+ for the HSC. She actually made me LIKE English. Yes. Like English. Unfortunately, Veronica no longer tutors English. However, if you are looking to pwn Biology and/or Chemistry during the HSC, I recommend Veronica, hands down. Her insane amount of patience and her knowledge of course content will catapult your HSC marks.

-ctrlaltv

PS: Hi Veronica! :)

HSC
Hey Victor,

Thank you =)
it was awesome tutoring you too. Those moments talking about journeys whilst chewing on cindy's won won crackers will not be forgotten XDDD

HSC
Congratulations to 2008'ers and their results XD
(i know, a bit late but BoS and my computer haven't been working together recently)

I am pleased to say that all my previous student did well and are pleased with their results. Good work, guys <3

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
I REALLY need a Maths tutor, you sound good but you don't do maths. Consider it please?

drcw

HSC
N/A
veronica
jay is sorting out his timetable and getting his license
he will start tutoring again when I get back next week- what times can you do esp on weekeknds
cassy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)